Jordan Mailata, Philadelphia Eagle

Started by Don Ho, April 28, 2018, 06:12:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

Yep - I sure though he was gone after this season based on those.

But it goes to show sometimes its game reps where guys make or break themselves.

ice grillin you

which makes them shoving Jason peters down everyone throat look even worse
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Diomedes

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on December 14, 2020, 11:37:18 AM
Dio's Mailata love >>>> My Trotter love

Guilty as charged.

Truly though...can you think of a more improbable story?  It's amazing.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

I feel like it's good karma payback for ally villanueva and I never feel like that about any of my teams 

General_Failure

The real crime is them not trying him at TE or as a goal line runner, but I guess having a left tackle that might hold his spot for a decade could be nice instead.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Diomedes

My thoughts regarding Mailata and luck run darker: I feel like any day now I'm gonna open :CF in the morning to learn he was killed overnight by a drunk driver.

It's just too good to be true.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

PhillyPhreak54

Diomedes

What I want to see is ten years of Eagles halfbacks sailing through gaping canyons plowed clear by Mailata knocking down men who are not accustomed to being bullied around, and a generation of DEs and OLBs frustrated by snap after snap of facing a monster who swallows them up and smothers them all game long. 

I don't need to see him with the ball.

Diomedes

ice grillin you

seems really tame for a football play....in fact it appears that smith goes out of his way to turn so that his shoulder leads and not his helmet

QB Eagles

I'd say it's illegal but dirty implies intent that might not have been there. Looks like he was bracing for a trucking that never came. Also just a bad play by both Smith (makes no attempt at Sanders) and Mailata (should have run through Smith instead of that stutter step). Also Pryor (egregious hold).

Diomedes

What do you think are the chances this play results in a fine for Smith?

General_Failure

He's got a better shot at being fined for his socks being at the incorrect height.

The man. The myth. The legend.

ice grillin you

minimal...it only exists because mailata got hurt...also it was such a non descript play i imagine the eagles would have to have sent film to the league and complained about the shot and/or asked for a ruling on a fine

have they done that or is this beef just a guy on twitter who noticed it?...like is this a thing

Diomedes

I don't know the rules well enough to guess what will happen but I def. don't see Smith trying to lead with the shoulder.  I see a head shot, which I think is illegal.  Whether it's dirty, that's a whole nother level of "I don't know," because I can't see intent, and it's close enough to a football move that I'm not gonna judge.  It's not like he stomped on a down man's uncovered head or anything.