Pointing/Laughing Forever & Ever @ Racists

Started by Rome, January 31, 2016, 03:44:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

i would have done the washington warriors and went to the spear helmet which was really cool
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

I kinda like Red Tails as it would honor the Tuskegee Airmen

Rome

Quote from: ice grillin you on July 13, 2020, 01:06:34 PM
farg yeah romey...it's beyond beautiful

speaking of reactions J have you been over to your favorite message board to take the temperature?

I wasn't invited.  True story. 

Diomedes

I think they have to stay away from Native American imagery altogether.

I think Red Tails is too specific a reference...team names shouldn't drop below the level of category or type.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

MDS

ES seemed pretty mellow. most people were like whatever if its gonna go its gonna go ill still wear the old gear and eventually get some new ones *shrug*

meanwhile the white supremacist board was not happy

QuoteThe liberals have advanced the propaganda that the Red Tails were the best flying unit in the war, one which other flyers wanted to fly with.

Someone researched this. It turns out they were one of the worst units. No one wanted to fly with them.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Diomedes

ST / role player WR Kelvin Harmon (30 Rec/365 yards last year) tore his ACL

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

phattymatty

they are still going to farg it up.  it will still be some type of real historical person(s)and their fans will just wear a different color of racist face paint.

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

phattymatty

yeah something real juicy coming out tomorrow. 

QB Eagles

Their top two pro scouts. My guess is tampering, or some kind of Belichick-like camera work.

SD

Conflicting reports but there's some speculation it's something to do with sexism/racism. 

Diomedes

The minority owners all noping out of the organization at once can't be just about the name, right?

What could be so bad that money lovers want out of an NFL team?

phattymatty

Yeah - the way that dc insiders are teasing it makes it seem really gross - sexual or racist in nature and not cheating.

QB Eagles

Or it could just be journalistic hype BS. The tweet saying the news is dropping tomorrow is dated Sunday night.

It's a team that pimped out its cheerleaders, so anything is possible I guess.

Diomedes

Quote from: QB Eagles on July 15, 2020, 10:49:17 AMOr it could just be journalistic hype BS.

Possible, but if so, the number of people across different outlets who will have to explain themselves is not small.  From a PFT blurb on the rumors of a pending bombshell

QuoteFrom JP Finlay of NBC Sports Washington on Sunday: "A real busy week. And it's not all going to be about the name and it's not all going to be pretty."

From Jason La Canfora of CBS, who once worked the Washington beat for the Washington Post: "The warped and toxic culture of the Washington Football Team is about to be exposed in a sickening fashion . . . Again."

From Julie Donaldson of NBC Sports Washington on Tuesday: "What's coming is disappointing and sad."

From Scott Abraham of ABC 7: "There is much more going on . . . than a name change. . . . And it's not good. I did not get specifics, but get ready people."

Maybe there's nothing but Washington is led by a Donald Trump Class scumbag, so we've got good reason to hope that it's terrible news...just maybe not quite so terrible that he's forced to sell, and will just struggle incompetently for decades more...