NCAA 2012 Squares Pool

Started by phattymatty, March 12, 2012, 03:36:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phattymatty

Just sent out email for this year's squares pool. If you didn't get it and want to play let me know.

MDS

im literally insulted i didnt get it...this is the best pool ever
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

phattymatty

weird i just used last year's list and didn't check who was on it. how many do you want?

MDS

you never leave a jew off a list

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

Is this happening this year?

phattymatty

It is.  did you not get an email?   i sent it to everyone who played last year, maybe you didn't.

regardless there are like 12 spots left, text or email me with how many you want.

PhillyPhreak54

Ok cool

I'll email ya. Yeah I didn't get the email

phattymatty

email for march madness pool just went out.  I think my list got effed up so if you want in let me know, same rules as always $25/square.

My gut says it'll fill up fast because it's been so long but I have no idea.  Got quite a few returned emails from people who I assume have lost their jobs since last year.

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

phattymatty

I switched jobs during the pandemic so it might not be the case but I've never gotten so many email bounce backs.

filled up 75% in like 2-3 days but looks to have stopped.  if you know anyone else who wants in, share that email.

phattymatty

Another degenerate acquaintance of mine is doing a squares pool for the super bowl.  Every score pays out, not just the end of quarters.  Apparently he already filled up one for 10,000 bucks so I'll be impressed if he fills up another, but I'm gonna get a box or two.  Info below, hit me up if you want in and I'll shoot you his contact info.

QuoteCheck it out...this format is your traditional football pool grid, 100 boxes but with a great payout system where "Every Score Change Pays" $500 and up to 20 total scores. If there's less scoring than 20, the last person who won keeps the balance of the money. It's $100 / box and you can buy as many as you like, a great chance at multiple wins for each person, especially if you're buying more than one box. After a touchdown, 6-0 pays $500; a one point conversion, 7-0 pays $500 and so on! Last year there were 12 total score changes and the last winner ended up winning the $4,000 balance (8 X $500)! Just to be clear, the house keeps nothing, all dollars go to the winners as it should. 100 boxes at $100 / box = $10,000; winners get $500 / score change and up to 20 scores, 20 X $500 = $10,000. Anything less than 20, last person wins the balance.

Once you tell me how many boxes you want I just start filling in the grid placing them randomly and spreading out the names. Once the grid is full, I have a random person not playing in the pool pull out numbers from a hat that are all crumpled up. Once you pay for your box, I'll text or email you the grid showing your boxes so you can follow during the game.

I've been running a Super Bowl Pool for around 15 years but just adapted this new payout system last year; now it's spreading like wildfire and everyone wants in. I sold out this year's pool last February and I've already sold 70 boxes for 2023! Since we have our group, I thought it might be great to start a new grid and if we can fill it, we'll have it this year; worse case, we can roll into 2023 if we're unable to fill it by February. Let anyone and everyone you know about this since it's open.  If we're able to fill it this year, all boxes will need to be paid no later than Jan. 31; gives me time to organize all payouts.   

PhillyPhreak54

phattymatty

Invite to squares pool sent this morning.  A little late this year.  If you didn't get it and want in, let me know.

Email title said 9th annual but shtein according to this thread it's 11th annual.

SD

Quote from: phattymatty on March 09, 2022, 11:50:11 AM
Invite to squares pool sent this morning.  A little late this year.  If you didn't get it and want in, let me know.

Email title said 9th annual but shtein according to this thread it's 11th annual.

Not sure how square pools work but send me an invite (same as my fantasy bball) and I'll check it out.

phattymatty

Just shot you an email - just like super bowl squares if you ever played them.  Except your numbers are good for all 63 games.  Filled up fast as shtein this year but there about 4 or 5 left.