CF = Malware????

Started by PhillyPhanInDC, July 09, 2009, 11:48:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diomedes

I'm getting the same thing for the last week or so. 
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

PhillyGirl

I Haven't had this problem at all?

Why do some have it and some not?
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

General_Failure

Depends on when I catch them and remove them, and who's running script blockers.

The man. The myth. The legend.

PhillyPhreak54

Its doing it again.

Should I run a script blocker and if so, what is that, will it affect visiting other sites and how do I do it?

Sgt PSN

i just got redirected back to my igoogle page again.  seems like in the last few days it's been happening a little more regularly. 

i guess it's only a matter of time before gf opens up a :CF paypal account. ;)

PhillyGirl

the only issue I'm having is from boomspeed? I assume that's PSN's boob-atar, but its making my page load up really slow.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

General_Failure

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on July 20, 2009, 08:02:13 AM
Its doing it again.

Should I run a script blocker and if so, what is that, will it affect visiting other sites and how do I do it?

NoScript works fine, if you're using Firefox. If you're using IE, you'll probably want to reformat.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: PhillyGirl on July 20, 2009, 10:27:29 AM
the only issue I'm having is from boomspeed? I assume that's PSN's boob-atar, but its making my page load up really slow.

yeah, that's the site i use to host my avatar but it doesn't slow my computer down at all.  your's just sucks. 

General_Failure

NoScript says there's one more instance of go00ogle.com left, but Chrome says everything is fine. I'll assume Chrome is wrong.

PhillyPhreak54

For the technology idiots here (me), how does this happen? Do these malware bugs somehow attach themselves to this site?

When I got that trojan notice (in the computer geek thread) I ran Norton and it did not find anything. I also ran AdAware and Malwarebytes and nothing came up on them either.

General_Failure

Either my computer is infected and they got the ftp password, they was a hole in the board software/server software required for the board to run, or both. It seems that quite a number of sites are infected currently, and the infection is proving difficult to remove. I've already removed it from a good dozen files, and it was put back in again before I was done fixing the last batch.

The current one, .c00om, is a little tougher than the last one. The go00ogle one was easier by far. I've been downloading all umpteen million files the board runs from and searching all the text in them for iframe or google. The code for it adds the zeroes to the address on the loaded page, which means I can't search for go00gle. Same with .c00om, except I can't just remove every mention of .com without breaking everything.

PhillyPhreak54

Computer hackers and thieves should all burn in hell.

I'd like to kick the shtein out of them. ALl of them. I just feel like giving out a good beating.

rjs246

Fixed, I think. That took long enough.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

General_Failure

Almost. There's still one, but tracking it down is slow going.

rjs246

Yeah nevermind. This shtein is still happening. LAME.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.