Around The NFL - 2020

Started by PhillyPhreak54, March 16, 2020, 01:16:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

QB Eagles

It's a fait accompli. It was the major piece of the CBA agreed to in March.

PhillyPhreak54

MDS

new tv deals are close. looks like roughly the same thing as the current set up except

-thursday games go exclusive to amazon/twitch/nfln. this will bring the game quality down but id still reckon they have 1 each week. so expect more jags-titans and jets-dolphins type of stuff though inevitably a good game or two or will sneak through.
-mnf will be on abc for most if not all games and have some kind of flex scheduling for later season games
-abc will get in the super bowl rotation. 10 year deals, each network gets 2 super bowls then the last 2 are auctioned off
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

QB Eagles

It's gonna be 2050 and there still won't be a way to buy the ticket without satellite TV.

And I'll still be pirating the European GamePass feeds.

MDS

that actually is leaving directv....hearing amazon, appletv exclusive or sold around to a few different places

also the 17th game thing looks real. rotating afc-nfc game.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

All I care about is being able to get to watch games without having to have DirecTV

Eagaholic

Directv sucks more than any other product I've had in the last 5 years. For the most part they were pretty good imo before AT&T got their hands on it, then it took a nose dive. The customer service especially has gone to absolute shtein. Fortunately there are ways around it.

PhillyPhreak54

Yep.

I had them for a long time too and when ATT got their zesty little mitts on it then it got really bad.

MDS

its available *legally* in a few different places now but really with how good buffstreamz is and how often the eagles wind up in national games anyway im not sure why anyone would do it

though its going to become much more easier to access and deal with in a year or two when it leaves directv

Diomedes

Here's what I don't get about the NFL and other entities....let's say, hypothetically, I stream a game.  They must know I've done so, if not in granular detail, right?  Millions of people streaming/stealing the broadcast is not exactly secret.  I'm not paying for cable, but if I was in the right market I could be seeing the game for free....and they wouldn't have a problem with that.  Either way, I'm seeing the ads that pay for the whole shebang.  So why not just include the numbers of streaming viewers in your count, report that to your adversitisers in additoin to the numbers of conventional viewers, and give up the expensive and frustrating cat and mouse game.  Let the people ahve what they want and learn how to count differently.  Free money.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

General_Failure

I'm pretty sure those of us without a nielsen box still don't really count.

The man. The myth. The legend.

MDS

the streaming numbers numbers are a lot less than you think. plus, its 1 stream everyone is sharing. lets say its coming from seattle. youre in baltimore. not every ad is going to apply. basically no ads are going to apply if youre in europe or asia watching (which where a lot of the viewership comes from).

advertisers dont pay for anyone over 50 years old, theyre not paying unless they have the data on who is watching and thats the antithesis of a streaming audience. they surely have a rough idea how many people stream games, its not factored into anything, but its not significant enough to get them to give a shtein

Diomedes

So I should expect a knock on the door from the FBI any moment?
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

General_Failure

I don't think they bother knocking anymore.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Diomedes