2009 Philadelphia Phillies - Season's Over, Time to Move On

Started by SunMo, April 02, 2009, 01:24:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: ice grillin you on September 12, 2009, 01:58:18 AM
i cant think of team in the NL that wont run them straight out the playoffs right now

Pretty much.

STL would run them easily with their staff
LA would pitch and hit well them plus revenge factor
COL is on fire again
SF would nullify their bats

MDS

its either @ la/col or @ stl. they are locked into the 3 seed.

i would love for them to be @ col. the series would be the #4 in mlb's eyes with boston, ny and la all in. the games would all be in the afternoon or at 1000. the complaining would be through the roof.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

So no chance they'll pull it together with three weeks to go in the season?

PhillyGirl

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on September 12, 2009, 02:02:26 AM
Quote from: ice grillin you on September 12, 2009, 01:58:18 AM
i cant think of team in the NL that wont run them straight out the playoffs right now

Pretty much.

STL would run them easily with their staff
LA would pitch and hit well them plus revenge factor
COL is on fire again
SF would nullify their bats

And a month ago, the Phillies would have killed any of them. Its a streaky season. You have absolutely ZERO idea what will happen in any of those scenarios. COL could cool off (like last year). SF, well....Phils beat them 2 of three this past series....guess that can't happen again, can it? LA? Revenge? Please Phreak...reaching. And STL? Again, anything can happen. Run them EASILY?

wtf is wrong with you?

From ESPN:

QuoteSeveral injured Phillies pitchers are making progress. LHP Scott Eyre (elbow) hopes to throw Monday. LHP J.C. Romero (forearm) threw on flat ground and felt fine. RHP Clay Condrey (oblique) will make a rehab appearance at Double-A Reading on Saturday. LHP J.A. Happ (oblique) is progressing. Phillies INF/OF Greg Dobbs (calf) ran the bases and will do it again Saturda

But nah, having all of those guys back won't help at all.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Rome

Sgt PSN

Quote from: PhillyGirl on September 12, 2009, 08:45:57 AM
And a month ago, the Phillies would have killed any of them. Its a streaky season.

that's the problem with the phils though.  they are a streaky team.  they'll go on an 8 game winning streak and cap it off winning 15 of 18.  then they'll lose 6 in a row and 3 of 15.  they're either up or down.  they don't have prolonged stretches where they consistanly win 6 of 10. 

but that's exactly what got them through the ws last year.  they streaked at the right time and if oct rolls around and the phils go on one of their 12-3 tears, then they can def win it all.  it's all about whether this team is hot or cold heading into the playoffs. 

ice grillin you

actually what got them to the world series was awful brewer and dodger teams and no boston in the ws

not complaining just saying

theres no brewers in the first round this year
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyGirl

Quote from: ice grillin you on September 12, 2009, 10:41:44 AM
actually what got them to the world series was awful brewer and dodger teams and no boston in the ws

not complaining just saying

theres no brewers in the first round this year

YOu have no idea about that, IGY. Speculation is fun, isn't it? You have ABSOLUTELY no clue, with the Phils' streaking like they were in the playoffs, that they wouldn't have disposed of ANY of those teams. They weren't there for a reason. They lost at hte wrong time.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

SunMo

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

mpmcgraw

Quote"I look across the locker room and see a guy who gets hit with 96-mph fastballs and just runs to first base," Eyre said, referring to Chase Utleyand his threshold for pain. "So, my course of treatment? In my mind, I can deal with the pain."

Is there any doubt Utley is the leader of this team.  O wait, Rollins is the leader because he likes to tell you he is, kind of like McNabb  :-D

ice grillin you

lol...was a laughing face necessary there....youre trying way to hard...and unbelivably wrong as usual

keep rockin and rollin tho.....

mpmcgraw

ice grillin you

BigEd76

Rome

Something is wrong with the HD feed.  It looks like a 1920's Charlie Chaplin movie.