The Weather Thread

Started by ice grillin you, January 17, 2009, 12:36:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seabiscuit36

YES PLEASE! 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Seabiscuit36

while EPA is really good, i hate that they shut their radar off at the state lines
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

ice grillin you

the set up still looks great this morning....temps are going to be a problem tho....the storm is going to have to create and pull in its own cold air

also looking like tuesday nite now
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

reese125

gfs model just came on board after saying very little snow for next week

massive hit of 1-2 ft of snow--but still so far away that it all can change

Seabiscuit36

I'm starting to get a weather boner, should i put it away?

ice grillin you

Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on March 01, 2013, 01:07:55 PM
I'm starting to get a weather boner, should i put it away?

all the ingrediants are there...but all the ingrediants have been there all winter and nothing has happened...and when you are in a pattern of misses it usually stays that way thru the season

id say be 30% stiffy and 70% blue balls

Diomedes

this storm better happen, I want real snow
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

dc/balt still on track to get blown up

temps still an issue but as of now a foot of snow looks promising if everything holds....cant be said enough tho....this has been the case with at least a half a dozen fronts this winter and nothing has happened....for the pattern to change and all of sudden a monster hit would be unusual

Diomedes

a foot would be acceptable

I plan to shovel my whole block this time.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

Quote from: Diomedes on March 03, 2013, 12:03:03 AM
a foot would be acceptable

I plan to shovel my whole block this time.

imo a foot will not happen because the ground temp will be too high....a foot or more of precip looks realistic right now but much of it is going to melt on contact

reese125

as of today its looking like 3-4 inches in the Philly area now....balt and dc should get belted

ice grillin you

yeah this is a true mid atlantic storm and is even trending more south...kind of the opposite of the storm that hammered new york and new england last month but barely touched philly and didnt even sniff balt/dc

Seabiscuit36

i want some bay effect snow. 

ice grillin you

just my opinion but two inches of wet snow tops

liquid is going to be here but not temps