The Weather Thread

Started by ice grillin you, January 17, 2009, 12:36:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Munson

There's gonna be so many power outages that I think you'll get your wish regardless.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Yeti

My house is hard wired into a generator and I have 250 gal. of fuel to run it.  Unless one of the huge trees around the house caves the roof in, it will be business as usual. 

Sucks to be you.
"It's only a matter of time before we get to the future."

Hbionic

Munson

I am more and more convinced that Yeti is Burt Gummer

Edit: Haha, way wrong picture
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

PhillyGirl

"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: SD on August 25, 2011, 08:25:37 PM
I hope the storm holds off until Mondayish so I can have a 3 day weekend

The flooding and power outages will hook you up.

Rome

I've been keeping an eye on this storm since last week, and initially I thought it was going to be really bad for us (obviously since I told you guys about the EOC preparations).

What really has me concerned is the whopping over-reaction in the northeast, though.  Cape May County has already ordered a mandatory evacuation.  What the hell?  The Weather Channel is forecasting armageddon.  Weather liars up and down the channels are whipping people into a frenzy, and trust me, this storm is not worth that.  Is it gonna be bad?  Yeah, it is.  For North Carolina & possible southern Virginia.  Is it going to cause rain & wind in Jersey & New York.  Yeah, it's going to do that too.  But it is not going to be the storm of the millenium or whatever.  It's going to be the equivalent of a bad nor'easter.  And people need to calm down and understand they have plenty of time to make preparations.

1. Remain calm.
2. Get your valuables ready to move.
3. Pack up vehicles.
4. Secure your home.
5. When the storm gets to within 24 hours of hitting, make your decision to leave or ride it out.
6. If you live in a flood-prone area, definitely leave, because regardless you could get stranded.

That's it.  That's the list.

reese125

Thanks Rome. Bucks County is safe guys!

Real quick-what day is the next earthquake going to hit?

PoopyfaceMcGee

I just want that stupid funhole Irene to keep pushing East so that I can have my fantasy draft Saturday night. Rain and wind is fine. Power outage would be tricky.

DH

My list:

1. Call my connection
2. Sit back, light up, and enjoy the show

PhillyPhreak54

The overreactions are funny.

QB Eagles

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on August 26, 2011, 10:28:54 AM

My buddy postponed his weekend NYC bachelor party because of this shtein. I feel like we're missing out on some good hurricane stories because of his lack of testicles. Suck it up folks, it's gonna be Cat 1 max where anyone on CF is. If you're on a barrier island, evacuate. If you're not, stay inside with some food and bottled water. Big deal.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: QB Eagles on August 26, 2011, 10:35:49 AM
it's gonna be Cat 1 max where anyone on CF is

Well, anyone that matters at least...

phattymatty

we got this standard corporate email about the storm...precautions and whatnot blah blah.  one of the girls in our NYC office sent me a picture of this dude's cubicle in manhattan, has his monitor and all kinds of valuables and whatnot underneath his desk. so funny.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: QB Eagles on August 26, 2011, 10:35:49 AM
Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on August 26, 2011, 10:28:54 AM

My buddy postponed his weekend NYC bachelor party because of this shtein. I feel like we're missing out on some good hurricane stories because of his lack of testicles. Suck it up folks, it's gonna be Cat 1 max where anyone on CF is. If you're on a barrier island, evacuate. If you're not, stay inside with some food and bottled water. Big deal.

Thats a definite case of vaginitis on his part.

DH

i was supposed to see dave matthews this weekend for 3 days on governors island in lower manhattan...bunch of Hoydas cancelled the whole weekend; i would have still gone.