The Weather Thread

Started by ice grillin you, January 17, 2009, 12:36:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DH

and i was more than way off. what shteinfarg cancels a football game because of snow? bitches, all of them.

Munson

Plus at this point the totals have come down for the Philly area. Booo
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Sgt PSN

Quote from: Munson on December 26, 2010, 06:46:20 PM
Plus at this point the totals have come down for the Philly area. Booo

I'm at my aunt's in Norristown and while it ain't pretty out, it's certainly drivable. It would have been a ling drive home after the game, but who gives a shtein?

SD

Supposedly the bad shtein is still on it's way. The snow here in the Northeast right now is horizontal. Over 100 accidents in the area since the storm started. I saw two on my way home today.

Sgt PSN

I heard down in Philly they are ticketing people for driving in the city....guessing they want to keep main roads clear of traffic for plowing.  Any troof to this?

SD

Wouldn't be a surprise. They go through peoples trash to make sure they're recycling. If they find anything that's recyclable in your regular trash it's a $50 fine.

DH

phattymatty

We got one inch tops in reading.

That's what she said.

Sgt PSN

You in Reading right now?  I stopped off at that mall off of Broadcasting on my way down to Norristown today. Haven't been through there in like 5 years....starting to build up a bit.

SD

man I miss the summer, farg this snow shtein.

hbionic

Two things:

IGY is the shtein when it comes to weather. Not all of us possess his powers of weather analysis & prediction.

Dio needs a handjob...pronto. He's starting to bitch about everything...more than usual.

I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

PhillyGirl

We got over a foot in South Jersey, just about 15 minutes from the stadium. With ridiculously heavy winds to a point where you couldn't see our cars from our front window at points last night.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Diomedes

NFL made the right call.  No sense defying mother nature..you're just asking for trouble.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

PhillyGirl

Quote from: Diomedes on December 27, 2010, 07:38:22 AM
NFL made the right call.  No sense defying mother nature..you're just asking for trouble.

Yep, I doubted it at first, but not later in the night as the storm raged.

Remember how pissed we all were at the Fog Bowl? Well, add a lot of years of no Super Bowls and a lot of potential to this season....and see how pissed everyone would be if they lost due to a weather related incident in the game that could have been prevented if the game was postponed? I'd rather see a 97 year old Favre and gimpy Peterson than to lose a game in the snow like it was last night.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen