The Weather Thread

Started by ice grillin you, January 17, 2009, 12:36:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eagles_Legendz

Yeah, it doesn't seem like it's going to be much more than half a foot, but that it will be crazy due to the wind.

Watching the game in that tomorrow might be nuts.

phillymic2000

phillymic2000

Quote from: ice grillin you on December 25, 2010, 01:13:25 PM
Quote from: Eagles_Legendz on December 25, 2010, 01:01:14 PM
accuweather is calling it a 'blizzard', though snow accumulations will be less than a foot.

http://www.accuweather.com/blogs/news/story/43512/blizzard-looms-for-philadelphi.asp

blizzard is all about wind strength

my guess right now is 4-8 for dc and philly....12+ possible in north jerz nyc...10-12 for the eastern shore.....chances for 12"+ as you get closer to the coast

this is one of those storms where less than a 100 mile shift in the low could make all the difference for the 95 corridor....points towards the coast are gonna get hit hard no matter what

What i would give for a good old Nor'eastern from back in the days!! thunder, lightning snow and all the fun i use to have as a kid!! ahhh the memories!

Diomedes

I'm gonna go ahead and cancel my plans to drive to DC tomorrow morning.

Let other people crash and call 911 without me in the way.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

Quote from: Diomedes on December 25, 2010, 01:50:01 PM
I'm gonna go ahead and cancel my plans to drive to DC tomorrow morning.

Let other people crash and call 911 without me in the way.

i dont know when you are planning on coming back from dc but the AM tomorrow should be ok...the blockage seems to be strengthening and now it looks like the heavyiest stuff shouldnt hit until noon-1
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyGirl

I had to cancel out on the run.  >:(

IGY, what are your thoughts on the Gloucester Township area snowfall predictions? I am hearing 8-14"
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

ice grillin you

that sounds about right...my gut tells me a little less but its def a good number to go by
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

So snow game tomorrow or will it clear by then
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

shorebird

Susquehanna Birder

Eagles_Legendz

Bet the under?

http://www.accuweather.com/blogs/news/story/43513/blizzard-to-rage-during-sunday.asp

"The Eagles will host the Vikings at Philadelphia's Lincoln Financial Field starting at 8:20 p.m. EST Sunday.

During the entire length of the game, Philadelphia will be in the midst of a fierce blizzard with heavy, wind-whipped snow.

The blizzard is expected to dump a total of 6 to 12 inches of snow on Philadelphia with the majority of that snow falling before the Eagles-Vikings game is complete.

Sustained winds between 25 and 35 mph will severely blow and drift the snow. Passing and kicking plays may become difficult to effectively execute."

Sgt PSN

Just started getting little flurries at my mom's house up in Danville.

Rome

DH

igy - leavin north jersey around 11 tomorrow..details of what to expect? 

Rome

scattered light after sunrise and increasing darkness toward sunset.