The Weather Thread

Started by ice grillin you, January 17, 2009, 12:36:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diomedes

No joke, I really do wish Texas would secede.  I'd vote for it any day.  I'd donate money to help them build the fence.  shteinhole.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

SD

you'll get no argument from me

PhillyPhreak54

Out of curiosity, why the hate for TX?

MDS

ill secede into mexico thankyouverymuch
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

rjs246

If we can carve Austin out of Texas and toss it up into the States I'm in.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Diomedes

A few stabs at why I hate Texas: 

The Dallas Cowboys.
George W. Bush
"Don't Tread On Me" icehole-ism
bigger-is-better icehole-ism
Most eager to execute prisoners
Least eager to let a woman control her own body
Houston is a goddamn pit like LA with no beach
Dirty oil riches corrupted the entire region from the start
Most of it--or what I've seen of it, includeing Houston Austin Dallas Ft. Worth, San Antonio, driven across it three times, etc.--is farging ugly ass hell (the eastern-most parts excepted)).
the people I've met from texas are all outcasts from the homeland:  they've been driven away because they were different, or they've left because they are different, and couldn't stand it, or at the very least couldn't live in Austin, or they left for an education and never went back.  I like these people, so the ones they've left behind, got left behind for a reason.
I know some great people from Lubbock as well.  Never been there myself, I imagine I would hate it.  But they get a pass.  farg you.
And farg Texas.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

PhillyPhreak54

lol...farg me for moving to Texas?

Your list is pretty spot on. I'm here for work and thats it. Plus the cost of living is better than back east.

MDS

so its getting pretty serious down here

i have to go into work tomorrow and they are moving operations to some hotel in town on thurs and fri and pushing deadline to 11am (afternoon paper? i dont know) to i guess avoid having people work when its dark out.

it might or might not be a hurricane but it will rain and as im sure phreak knows, mexican and texas people freak out over rain
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

shorebird

Why must you single out the mexicans??

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: KDS on June 28, 2010, 09:32:45 PM
so its getting pretty serious down here

i have to go into work tomorrow and they are moving operations to some hotel in town on thurs and fri and pushing deadline to 11am (afternoon paper? i dont know) to i guess avoid having people work when its dark out.

it might or might not be a hurricane but it will rain and as im sure phreak knows, mexican and texas people freak out over rain

Well, I've never been down in the valley so I don't know what your people do down there. But I know when I lived in Killeen and now in Houston, these people don't give a shtein whats on the roads; they're gonna do at least 60. Snow? Ice? farg it...lets' roll. They don't know how to drive in it. Good time watching them slide all over.

Anyways, be careful. When Ike hit it was a mess with flooding. Don't be one of the jackoffs standing on the beach in front of the boardwalk as 25ft waves crash two feet from you.

I doubt this will be bad; just a rain maker.  We're supposed to catch the back side of it.

MDS

it probably will

its just farging shtein up cause everyone thinks the next hurricane is gonna be katrina part II

ice grillin you

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on June 27, 2010, 12:13:00 AM
Plus the cost of living is better than back east.

cant imagine why
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

Rome

Get drunk and pitch a tent on the beach.  You'll be fine.

hbionic

Quote from: Diomedes on June 26, 2010, 11:06:08 PM

the people I've met from texas are all outcasts from the homeland:  they've been driven away because they were different, or they've left because they are different, and couldn't stand it, or at the very least couldn't live in Austin, or they left for an education and never went back.  I like these people, so the ones they've left behind, got left behind for a reason.

This quote belongs in the Quotes HOF.

I'm going to Houston in September...so we'll see about the pit thingee.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05