The Weather Thread

Started by ice grillin you, January 17, 2009, 12:36:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

paco

Just got back from the bar.  Its coming down good in DC now.  I'm never getting home.
I'm not from Philly but some say I'm blunt.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Sgt PSN on February 09, 2010, 09:58:29 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on February 09, 2010, 09:43:00 PM
granted i havent drank and drove more than two times in the last ten years but dranki drove on almost a nightly basis for ten years before that and never so much as ran over a house pet

if you drunk drive into a tree than you shouldnt have been driving in the first place...or you shouldnt have been drinking

don't get me wrong.....i'm not going to preach about this shtein and act like i never got drunk and drove home.  because i did.  i figured out how horrible of an idea it was when i was about 24 and let a buddy of mine drive because he was "the least drunk" and damn near killed him, me and our buddy in the back seat.  and this is a guy who i rode with countless times when he was wasted.  but  from then on, i've made it a point to have a plan in place.  either a designated driver, cab fare, going to a bar within walking distance, whatever.  hell, even when i drove up from north carolina to go to eagles games, i might tie one on in the morning during the tailgate, but i never drank inside the stadium or after the game and i always waited in the parking lot until my bac went down (i actually keep testing strips in my glove box and if i'm over the limit, i either wait it out or call a cab or a friend).  hell, one game i went to i'm pretty sure i was the last person to leave the wach lot.  lol.    

for every person that drives drunk and gets in a wreck or caught by the cops, there are literally hundreds who make it home safe.  it doesn't mean that they are any better behind the wheel, it just means that they got lucky.  i'm telling you, as someone who counsels people on alcohol abuse that's usually related to a dui, it's absolutely inexcusable.  and all it takes is just 1 accident.  one pot hole.  one little sheet of black ice.  1 dog or deer jumping out on the road and your delayed reaction will cause you to over correct and you're toast.  $20 bucks in cab fare is all it takes to save yourself over $10,000 in fines, legal fees and jail time.  it ain't freaking worth it dook.  

well then i got lucky for almost ten years...like i said its a moot point cause i dont do it anymore and havent for a long time...but i have no doubt i could drive drunk for another 20 years and not get caught...im just that good...
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

ice grillin you

Quote from: paco on February 09, 2010, 10:01:28 PM
Just got back from the bar.  Its coming down good in DC now.  I'm never getting home.

what bar

hbionic

IGY...that's absolutely nothing to boast about. Guaranteed the next time you do it, you or someone else dies/gets badly hurt/ or if you're lucky...get caught.

It's like when a team is undefeated and brags about it....you know what happens next...so....get a cab or start a program that the designated driver gets all drinks paid for the next time they go out....that way....everyone is guaranteed drinks and they wont bitch too much about not drinking.

Anyways...I've done it twice and one of those times I don't remember half the trip home.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

Munson

Here's to 3 more blizzards this winter so IGY drives home blasted.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Sgt PSN

Quote from: ice grillin you on February 09, 2010, 10:03:11 PM
like i said its a moot point cause i dont do it anymore and havent for a long time

you must be loaded if you don't even remember 30 minutes ago.  either that or you have a severely warped definition of "a long time."

Quote from: ice grillin you on February 09, 2010, 09:31:41 PM
just got back from the bar twisted as farg....heavy snow is so conducive to drunken driving...cops are harder to find than the jersey devil

ice grillin you

Quote from: Sgt PSN on February 09, 2010, 10:08:08 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on February 09, 2010, 10:03:11 PM
like i said its a moot point cause i dont do it anymore and havent for a long time

you must be loaded if you don't even remember 30 minutes ago. 

Quote from: ice grillin you on February 09, 2010, 09:31:41 PM
just got back from the bar twisted as farg....heavy snow is so conducive to drunken driving...cops are harder to find than the jersey devil

yeah i literally drove less than 1000 feet (or like 1/8 of a mile whichever is closer)...the pub is in my neighborhood... i could have validly walked but didnt feel like coming back up in two feet of snow tomorrow to get my car

Quote from: hbionic on February 09, 2010, 10:06:39 PM
IGY...that's absolutely nothing to boast about. Guaranteed the next time you do it, you or someone else dies/gets badly hurt/ or if you're lucky...get caught.

It's like when a team is undefeated and brags about it....you know what happens next...so....get a cab or start a program that the designated driver gets all drinks paid for the next time they go out....that way....everyone is guaranteed drinks and they wont bitch too much about not drinking.

Anyways...I've done it twice and one of those times I don't remember half the trip home.

no one is bragging....it is what it is...and as i said i dont do it anymore and havent for a long time.....but again the fact is i was a master of it back in the day and could be again if i so desired

hbionic

Well....hopefully you choose to retire.

ice grillin you

my liver hasnt steered a car in a long time if that makes you feel better

hbionic

I just don't want you to die or get incarcerated until you finish naming all of the hip-hop song titles I don't know.

After that...you can slalom through a forest with your car if like.

Munson

Anyway...

Snow seems to have slowed ever so slightly, but there's already a couple inches on the ground.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Sgt PSN

Quote from: hbionic on February 09, 2010, 10:17:56 PM
I just don't want you to die or get incarcerated until you finish naming all of the hip-hop song titles I don't know.

ha!

ice grillin you

Quote from: hbionic on February 09, 2010, 10:17:56 PM

i appreciate that dookie

and keep a looks for my official top 161 coming soon...even tho im sure you will have heard of it all

shorebird

Quote from: ice grillin you on February 09, 2010, 10:12:48 PM
the fact is i was a master of it back in the day and could be again if i so desired

You're too friggen' drunk now to realize what an idiot you sound like. Like they say, if you hang out in front of the barber shop long enough, you're gonna' get a hair cut.

hbionic

Don't you mean, if you stand in front of fire hydrant long enough, eventually, a dog will lick your ass.