The Weather Thread

Started by ice grillin you, January 17, 2009, 12:36:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sgt PSN

shorebird

I've had enough snow, thats all.

shorebird

Waiting to start this new job and just got a call that told me to wait on a call because it's not known if the government is even going to be operating tommorow, and if we get more snow wednsday, I could be out of work all week. Sucks man.

Sgt PSN

i understand the frustration but i was actually just referring to you typing an acronym and following it up with the full version. 

lol, laugh out loud.

ice grillin you

Quote from: shorebird on February 08, 2010, 07:17:28 PM
Waiting to start this new job and just got a call that told me to wait on a call because it's not known if the government is even going to be operating tommorow, and if we get more snow wednsday, I could be out of work all week. Sucks man.

fed govt is closed tomorrow
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Susquehanna Birder

And not many people will know the difference.

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Diomedes

Quote from: Susquehanna Birder on February 08, 2010, 07:59:44 PMAnd not many people will know the difference.

love it or leave it traitor

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Susquehanna Birder

Nah...I think I'll just stay and bitch.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on February 08, 2010, 09:48:00 AM
Storms like this bring out the best and worst in people, my neighbors and i all helped eachother dig out.  Hell one guy in the neighborhood had a backhoe from his business, and spent most of saturday afternoon/night helping to get the huge snow piles left by the plows.  Then you have people like my neighbors who didnt come out of the house until yesterday, and they were throwing their snow into my parking spot.  lazy f'ers

The jerk face who lives across the street from my Mom is one of those lazy fargs. She moves her car into my grandmom's driveway so the plow can clear the street. What does the bald farg whose never seen a vadge do? Moves his car from in front of his house to in front of hers. I was on the phone with her when she went out and told him to move it.

shorebird

Quote from: ice grillin you on February 08, 2010, 07:52:55 PM
Quote from: shorebird on February 08, 2010, 07:17:28 PM
Waiting to start this new job and just got a call that told me to wait on a call because it's not known if the government is even going to be operating tomorrow, and if we get more snow Wednesday, I could be out of work all week. Sucks man.

fed govt is closed tomorrow

Lovely. If I had already started this job chances are I'd be on salary and be getting paid anyway, like igy is. My friggen' luck. It's like it's either feast or famine. 5-7 years ago, it couldn't get any better and work was crazy. Now, after the last two years of barely working half the time my savings are depleted to almost nothing while the price of things like gas, electric, and materials, especially ones that are petroleum based have doubled if not tripled in price. The availability of work and jobs go down while the cost of living goes up, up, up. Tires for my truck were $150 a piece for Michelin knock offs. On top of that, my farging heater coil went up! I turn on my defroster and antifreeze fumes fill the cab up. A estimate from my mechanic is upwards of $600. Around $100 for the coil and the rest is labor to take the entire dash out of the farging thing. I say farg it, I'm getting a 6 inch piece of half inch copper and hooking the incoming and outgoing heater hoses together at the firewall so I don't have to breath antifreeze fumes. I'll just rough it till I get some kind of working capital built back up. Not like it's critical to going down the road.

Oh well, at least my 16 year old daughter finally has a job waiting tables. That'll lighten' the load a little.

Almost forgot, farg the snow.

Diomedes

it's gonna be cold in that truck on your way to work in the mornings, christ
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

shorebird

You ain't kiddin'. You don't realize how cold the steering wheel gets. Have to wear gloves.

shorebird

But, at least the Buick has heat. Just can't drive it to work.

paco

Quote from: ice grillin you on February 08, 2010, 06:23:11 PM
we could get 20 inches on wed and it would still be 16 inches less than we got this weekend

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocV5bGHdYag

I just made it in DC and this second bout of snow will keep me nice and stuck here for a while.  Looks like I get to find a local bar to get hammered at, all week long.
I'm not from Philly but some say I'm blunt.