The Weather Thread

Started by ice grillin you, January 17, 2009, 12:36:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

The ride it out crowds fascinate me. Even when Ike hit here I wanted nothing do with it.

shtein got real when the authorities told the clowns down on Galveston island who wanted to ride it out to please write their names and social and a next of kin contact on their body in sharpie so they could identify their bodies. Many heard that and decided it was probably better to roll out

So if these dopes want to ride it out I hope they call their families and tell them goodbye.

ice grillin you

Quote from: QB Eagles on October 23, 2015, 12:47:55 PM
Given the type of people who hang out at those resorts all the time

hardeffincore MA
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SD

Quote from: smeags on October 23, 2015, 11:53:23 AM
are you farging happy now, SD ?

Did I cause it by using weed killer or driving my SUV?

smeags

Quote from: SD on October 23, 2015, 01:20:44 PM
Quote from: smeags on October 23, 2015, 11:53:23 AM
are you farging happy now, SD ?

Did I cause it by using weed killer or driving my SUV?

im thinking the paint put it over the top.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on October 23, 2015, 12:49:04 PM
The ride it out crowds fascinate me. Even when Ike hit here I wanted nothing do with it.
SD just got excited again. 

They did the same during Sandy at the DE beaches.  Standard for any evacuation.  I've been thru a Cat 1 hurricane with a non direct hit on the water.  That was enough for me, but some people just don't understand how sustained winds are different from a passing 30 minute storm. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

phattymatty

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on October 23, 2015, 03:30:15 PM
Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on October 23, 2015, 12:49:04 PM
SD just got excited again. 

They did the same during Sandy at the DE beaches.  Standard for any evacuation.  I've been thru a Cat 1 hurricane with a non direct hit on the water.  That was enough for me, but some people just don't understand how sustained winds are different from a passing 30 minute storm.

lolol

Yeah plus...especially in these humid areas...it is NOT enticing to spend time without AC. If I wanted to live like some caveman I would...but no thanks. I would prefer to not stick to my sheets and smell like a barnyard

SD

Susquehanna Birder

Quote from: phattymatty on October 23, 2015, 04:39:28 PM
Live feed:

Ixtapa is several hundred miles from where all the main action is. There was a live feed that's a little closer, but it looks like the camera crapped out.

Susquehanna Birder

Here it is again. You might have to wait through an ad, but it's a pretty good look. And it's starting to pick up.

http://www.lamanzanilla.info/web_cam.html

ice grillin you

Geowhizzer

Went through Andrew.  And Charlie.  And Frances.  And Katrina (only a 1 when it hit here, then blew up in the Gulf on the way to New Orleans).  And Wilma.

Wilma was the one that was scary, since it was the one that directly hit Naples.  We went to my mother's house in Fort Myers, and I was convinced that I was going to have no house.  We were fortunate though.

Don't farg with a hurricane, especially if you're along the beach. 

MDS

0 deaths reported

people taking to twitter to praise god for that

i hate people
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

God was responsible for the storm and the aftermath of zero deaths.   I mean, it can't be any clearer, you dumb atheist.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Rome on October 24, 2015, 11:54:39 AM
God was responsible for the storm and the aftermath of zero deaths.

but not for tim tebow being cut