New Orleans Home Opener @ Giants

Started by 4and26, September 02, 2005, 06:24:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geowhizzer

Quote from: BlueHeart on September 05, 2005, 12:39:02 PM
Quote from: Sgt PSN on September 02, 2005, 10:14:34 PM
I'm just speculating but maybe an alternate location such as the ones you mentioned either aren't available on that particular day or can't be prep'd in time. 
Bingo. Nice to see someone can use logic.

It's not like Katrina hit months in advance of the season, people. The easiest thing for everyone involved was for the Giants to reschedule the game for the Saturday prior or Monday after and host it.

The Saints are most likely looking at San Antonio for the rest of their "home" games, but, as far as I know they haven't been able to nail down a location for certain. Chances are their first 2 home games are gonna be played at the opposing team's stadium.

Besides, it's not like that the Giants are going to be able to do anything with that advantage, anyway.  ;)

Diomedes

Been to the meadowlands lately?  I'd hardly call playing there an advantage for any team.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

General_Failure

At least the field isn't soaked through with piss. They've got that going for them.

The man. The myth. The legend.

PhillyPhreak54

That builds character. I mean...who doesn't love playing on a piss soaked field?

General_Failure

Piss soaked parking lots are one thing, but piss soaked fields are just a bad idea. You know that's gonna wind up in someone's mouth.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: BlueHeart on September 05, 2005, 12:39:02 PM
Quote from: Sgt PSN on September 02, 2005, 10:14:34 PM
I'm just speculating but maybe an alternate location such as the ones you mentioned either aren't available on that particular day or can't be prep'd in time.
Bingo. Nice to see someone can use logic.

It's not like Katrina hit months in advance of the season, people. The easiest thing for everyone involved was for the Giants to reschedule the game for the Saturday prior or Monday after and host it.

The Saints are most likely looking at San Antonio for the rest of their "home" games, but, as far as I know they haven't been able to nail down a location for certain. Chances are their first 2 home games are gonna be played at the opposing team's stadium.

While I appreciate you being in aggrement with me, you don't count seeing as the Giants (your team) do recieve a distinct advantage over the rest of the league.  :P 

But at the same time, I'm not going to bitch about it because teams have to win their games regardless of where they're being played.  Home, away or neutral sites.  Doesn't matter.  Just win your farging games.  :)