First, 1st Round Pick to sign

Started by 4and26, July 25, 2005, 02:22:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyGirl

"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

PhillyPhreak54

BigEd76

WEST is GOD

I saw on NFL Network that Merriman signed.
THIS SEASON IS OVER AND ANDY'S WORLD IS GRIDL

Offseason needs: 2 DEs, 1 DT, 1 OL, 2 LBs, 1 RB, 2 WRs, 1 TE, 1 KR.

WEST is GOD

Carlos Rogers signed today, and Matt Jones too.
THIS SEASON IS OVER AND ANDY'S WORLD IS GRIDL

Offseason needs: 2 DEs, 1 DT, 1 OL, 2 LBs, 1 RB, 2 WRs, 1 TE, 1 KR.

PhillyGirl

Quote from: TO is GOD on August 02, 2005, 02:05:39 AM
I saw on NFL Network that Merriman signed.

Quote from: PhillyGirl on August 01, 2005, 05:25:47 PM
Quote from: BigEd76 on July 31, 2005, 08:36:04 PM
Someone on ESPN (Clayton, I think?) says Merriman's negotiations could drag on into the season...

From PFT:

Quote"LIGHTS OUT" GETS PAID

In a move that short-circuited what many thought would be a long and acrimonious contract dispute, the Chargers have agreed to terms with linebacker/defensive end Shawne Merriman, the 12th overall pick in the 2005 draft.

"I'm kind of speechless right now," Merriman said told The San Diego Union-Tribune.  "I really didn't believe it was going to get done this soon.  I'm more anxious to get out there than I have ever been."

The contract (which we assume his agents read before he signed it) reportedly guarantees $9 million of a five-year, $11.33 million deal.

Merriman refused to participate in offseason workouts due to the team's injury protection language.  He later offered to attend meetings at minicamps, but the team declined his offer.

More recently, G.M. A.J. Smith talked tough regarding the team's position, prompting many to conclude that the Postons would dig in for a long fight, lest it be perceived that they caved.

;)
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

MURP

Merriman signed. 

so did Jason Campell.. ha, omg the skins are so stooopid. 

PhillyPhreak54

Seattle signed Spencer...

That leaves 9 draft picks still unsigned.

Rumor out there that Cedric Benson's agent wants him to be paid like the #4 pick in last years draft (Rivers) who ended up getting paid like the #2 overall pick. Lovie Smith isn't happy.

Trent Dilfer is speaking out against Braylon Edwards because he's not in camp yet.

David Pollack and his agent are battling with the Bengals. How hard is it to get a deal done for him? The salary structure has been set by the guys around him.

PhillyGirl

Ravens fans want Clayton's head right now.

PoopyfaceMcGee

He needs to be in camp so he can figure out how in hell he won't completely suck balls receiving passes from Boller.

General_Failure

Can you really blame him for not wanting to be a Raven?

The man. The myth. The legend.

PoopyfaceMcGee

T.O. accepted what is reported to be the absolute worst contract in NFL history, because he was so happily dazed after being released from his obligation to play for the Ravens.

MURP

PhillyGirl

BigEd76

Things could get interesting when Pacman shows up for Titans camp  :-D

Quote"It bothers me that I am not on the field," Jones said. "But then I have to hear Keith Bulluck talking about me, how he doesn't even know who Pacman is.  As far as my teammate and everything, that will never change. But as far as the respect level off the field and me calling him for advice, that will never happen now."
He said he's tried repeatedly to get in touch with Bulluck and has also noticed comments from defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth, who was a holdout in 2002.

"The kid, what's his name? Haynesworth? He missed four days. The little stuff he is saying is irrelevant," Jones said.

"But Keith saying he is not going to call me Pacman, he is going to call me Adam — 'Who is Adam? I don't know if this guy can help us' — that is a little outrageous for my teammate to say that.''

As for how Bulluck might react to his comments, Jones said: "It really doesn't matter. I hope he responds like a man and tries to call me and talk to me and see what is going on with me. But for the most part I am not here to please Keith or nobody, I am in Tennessee to play football ... That is the only reason.''