Phils Offseason 16-17

Started by MDS, November 02, 2016, 02:37:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

You're giving teams too much credit broham

MDS

Quote from: Rome on November 14, 2016, 08:36:50 PM
Maybe every other franchise in the Major Leagues realizes he's not worth a long term deal much less a one year gift of 17+ million?

its because teams outside the top 10 of the draft would have to give up a 1st round pick to sign him. hes not getting 17 mil per year on the open market on a 3 year deal...thats just what the QO is.

even more so the new cba figures to remove the draft pick penalty so helly was looking at a very limited market. if he has another good year, hes going to feel like a nice cheap steal with the ridiculous 2018 fa class.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Geowhizzer

Gostisbehere is a healthy scratch tonight.

Rome

Kruk is s/s/d for the tv booth. 

smeags

If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

Rome

Now if they'd just axe McCarthy we'd be all set. 

MDS

franzke-la-kruk would be maybe the best booth ever
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

smeags

Rome

True but this is the Phillies, so you'll get Brussel sprouts with your prime rib and like it, Mister.   

smeags

speaking of nasty brussel sprouts - my sister always makes them for thanksgiving. sautéed with onions and bacon.

yeah, ill have a heaping pile of those, just hold the brussel sprouts please.

Rome

A woman in my office nuked a dish full of those things several years ago.   It smelled like dirty ass and vomit combined.   Seriously from that moment on brussel sprouts were forbidden in the office. 

PhillyPhreak54

Same category as people who nuke fish in an office. Die.

Any legs to these JD martinez rumors?

PhillyPhreak54

Asche DFAd for some lefty pitcher from Texas

MDS

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on December 02, 2016, 03:19:18 PMAny legs to these JD martinez rumors?

god i hope not

hes going to be 30, has played more than 125 games just once in his career and will be need a new contract in 2018. it doesnt make a lick of sense for them.

if you want to think outside the box, think justin upton. hes the same age as JD and not nearly as good, but he doesnt really get injured and might be attainable as a simple salary dump. JD would cost prospects. he makes more sense to go to a team ready to win right now.

PhillyPhreak54

That's what I am wondering is what it would cost to get him. He's got power but the injuries are a concern as is the type of deal he will want