Phils Offseason 16-17

Started by MDS, November 02, 2016, 02:37:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

the good thing about baseball unlike most sports is that "ready to win" means a lot less....it just means you need to get in the playoffs...cause after that its mostly luck and situations
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

yea...i mean i thought archer was younger but hes already 28. so by the time he becomes a trade candidate hes 30.

cole is 26 and 2 years from FA. if the pirates fall apart a bit you might be able to swing a trade for him next year, provided he and his agent refuse an extension.

other than that all theyll be able to sign, pitching wise, is over-30 elite arms and under-30 mid rotation starters. what you need is sixto sanchez and kilome to be god damn good in A ball.

or go balls out on offense (machado, hosmer) and accept aaron nola as your game 1 starter
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

yeah i think you gotta go all out for harper or machado...amazing that two studs that young might be available together....makes it more realistic that they might get one...i mean its not their fault but their rebuild has happened to garner mostly offensive guys so go balls deep on the hope it works....then work very good but not great pitching to compliment it and see what happens
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

right but if you get quintana without giving up: jp, alfaro, sanchez or kilome, id do it.

moniak is never going to step foot at cbp whether he winds up being good or not....get on with it
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.