The Bobby Abreu Tracker Thread

Started by PhillyPhreak54, April 03, 2006, 12:34:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PoopyfaceMcGee

Last night's loss was Brett Myers fault.  Guess what, folks?  He's still not an ace.

SunMo

I'd go more Lieberthal/Gordon.  Myers, his poor performance notwithstanding, only gave up 3 runs.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

ice grillin you

if anyone gets blamed for last night it was the lack of clutch hitting by utley bell and lieberthal in the 9th...you gotta get a run or two home there...but really no one is at fault....they simply lost to a superior team
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyGirl

The lack of clutch hitting was the bottom line on that game, exactly.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Rome

There was plenty of blame to go around last night.

0-13 in the first two games with risp is a bad sign.  Walking six batters is worse.  Having Loserthal in there at all is inexcusable at this point.  He's clearly done so why he's still in the line-up is a question that Manuel had better be prepared to start answering pretty soon.

He's making comments about David Bell's job being "his to lose" so why isn't he saying the same thing about Lieberthal?

ice grillin you

you realize that sal fasano is the back up
you really want him starting?
i realize your message board thing is now to hate on leiberthal no matter what but the fact is
they dont have another option right now

Rome

Are you honestly suggesting that Fasano isn't a better option than Lieberthal at this point?

:-D

PhillyGirl

Quote from: Jerome99RIP on April 06, 2006, 09:30:21 AM
Are you honestly suggesting that Fasano isn't a better option than Lieberthal at this point?

:-D

Fasano is a better option, as is the guy they just sent back down Coste.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Rome

Agreed. 

A platoon of Fasano & Chris Coste would be a much better option than a completely spent Lieberthal, PG.

SunMo

Fasano and Lieberthal are going to give you the same offensively, maybe Lieberthal gives you a little more, but not much.

Fasano is going to give you so much more defensively, which is what they need.  Fasano should play at least 3 times a week.

PoopyfaceMcGee

I think Sun_Mo would be a better option than Lieberthal at this point.

SunMo

my knees are shot man.

but this is the Bobby A. tracker thread.

take this conversatoin over to the Phillies thread, yo.

Wingspan

Quote from: Jerome99RIP on April 06, 2006, 07:30:40 AM
Maybe he gets railed for it because he rarely, if ever, gets his fricken uniform dirty playing the position?

looks like we need to keep an abreu stain count too.

i mean really i've seen him literally napping in RF. and there has been innings at a time where he's sipping some sangria on a lawn chair. lazy bum.
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

Rome

I chuckled at that.  Snorted, actually.

ice grillin you

absolutely 100% NOT...leiberthal stinks but sal fasano is not even a major leaguer