2008 Philadelphia Phillies Season/Playoff Thread (Die Mets Die)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2008, 09:28:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SunMo

i'm reading back in the early part of this thread and the offseason thread hoping to find where Die-Hard said that the Mets bullpen was better than Phillies.

however, along the way, i've found some good and bad predictions.

a good one:

Quote from: ice grillin you on October 11, 2007, 10:23:19 AM
kendrick is not a three...ill bet anyone here 20 bucks he isnt over 500 next year

and ill take odds on him losing his spot in the rotation at some point
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Don Ho

Phils/Brewers on Wednesday.  Have they given the start time yet?  If they schedule these games at CPB as the early games again I'll shtein.  We got screwed last year.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

PhillyPhreak54

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: SunMo on September 28, 2008, 05:04:07 PM
i'm reading back in the early part of this thread and the offseason thread hoping to find where Die-Hard said that the Mets bullpen was better than Phillies.

however, along the way, i've found some good and bad predictions.

a good one:

Quote from: ice grillin you on October 11, 2007, 10:23:19 AM
kendrick is not a three...ill bet anyone here 20 bucks he isnt over 500 next year

and ill take odds on him losing his spot in the rotation at some point
Obsessed
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

SunMo

with what?  reading back on everyone's predictions?  yeah, i guess.

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: SunMo on September 28, 2008, 07:00:53 PM
with what?  reading back on everyone's predictions?  yeah, i guess.
everyone is obsessed with proving that Havas is wrong, and you seem to defend a certain someone. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

PhillyPhreak54

QuoteWednesday, October 1st
3:00 p.m. MIL @ PHI
6:30 p.m. LAD @ CHI
10:00 p.m. BOS @ LAA

Thursday, October 2nd
2:30 p.m. CWS or MIN @ TB
6:00 p.m. MIL @ PHI
9:30 p.m. LAD @ CHI

Friday, October 3rd
6:00 p.m. CWS or MIN @ TB
9:30 p.m. BOS @ LAA

Saturday, October 4th
6:30 p.m. PHI @ MIL
10:00 p.m. CHI @ LAD

SunMo

Seabiscuit36

MDS

god do you idiots know how this shtein works?

do you want 2 games at the same time or do you want mlb to put the bigger draw at 3 in the afternoon and the phillies at 8 so its convenient for you?
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

I'd actually like to be able to watch the playoffs, thanks.

Geowhizzer

Guess I'll be DVR-ing the first game and trying to avoid the score on the way home.  :-\

ice grillin you

lol @ anyone thinking the phils would get better start times than the cubs....the media so badly wants the cubs to be the new red sox its not even funny....lovable losers FTL
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

it goes

1. yankees
2. red sox
3. cubs

4. mets
5. phillies
6. dodgers/giants
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.