2008 Philadelphia Phillies Season/Playoff Thread (Die Mets Die)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2008, 09:28:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Ho

are we having fun yet?

thank god i'm meeting Sea Biscuit's bro later for a brew. 
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

ice grillin you

whats pathetic is that the dumbass non sports fans that make up the ownership will believe that what happened last year is going to happen this year thus they will do nothing to change things...when in reality last year was a once in a generation collapse by a dog met team...as great as it was and for me its worth probably around ten years of the mets being better than the phils...its never gonna happen again in our lifetime....they need to shake things up and again it starts with chuckles
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SD_Eagle5

I still think the bums are a better team than the Mets, they're just ridiculously bad right now. Even if the lineup produces average they're still 5 games up. Pitching isn't the problem.

ice grillin you

pitching isnt the problem but yet the mets rotation is still better than the phillies...especially now that pelfrey has started to turn into the stud everyone imagined a couple years ago

the only place the phillies are better than the mets is the bullpen

Don Ho

igy, couldn't agree with you more.  the only time we might ever see a collapse like last year's mets kamikaze nose dive will probably involve the phils being the team that implodes.  

what's frustrating is watching the whole team struggle.  not just two or three guys but the whole frickin' team.  but 8-2 makes me feel so much better.  so much better i might just have 6 margaritas instead of 8.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

ice grillin you

ha...i just got back from chilis 6 el nino margaritas deep...god damn those things are good

so glad i missed this travesty

BigEd76

did you catch choke dawg posing on that HR down 8-0?  :-D

f'ing fraud offense

ice grillin you

Quote from: BigEd76 on July 25, 2008, 10:10:51 PM

f'ing fraud offense

not even watching it by why doesnt that suprise me...yeah charlie has such control of the situation...sign him to an extension

MDS

what exactly did uncle fatasses little meeting before the game do? farging Hoydas.

but on the bright side this now makes sense:

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: BigEd76 on July 25, 2008, 10:10:51 PM

f'ing fraud offense

Yep. Terrible.

But not as terrible as Utley's ABs. Or this entire farging offense. Or igy trying to find a way to pin it on Charlie.

ice grillin you

i didnt pin anything on charlie just said that its time to fire the manager....charlie pins enough on himself...have you watched him manage for the last four years?...i cant imagine youd admit hes even an average manager...therefore you have a terrible manager and a team with a lot of talent thats in a horrible funk...if thats not a recipe for a change i dont know what is...the defense of charlie by anyone is beyond baffling

Rome

The Phillies should trade for Aaron Rowand.  You know, because he's gutsy and stuff.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: ice grillin you on July 26, 2008, 07:19:04 AM
charlie pins enough on himself...

He needs to do a better job out there of putting guys in positions to make plays.

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: Rome on July 26, 2008, 09:31:43 AM
The Phillies should trade for Aaron Rowand.  You know, because he's gutsy and stuff.

I was torturing myself by thinking of next season. No way they re-sign Burrell, so the mighty lineup from last season will have been slowly chipped down to scrap. The starting rotation is a mess that they've been trying to fix forever. The only hope is they get a GM with some imagination, but I know that's a long shot.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: SD_Eagle on July 26, 2008, 10:46:11 AM
Quote from: Rome on July 26, 2008, 09:31:43 AM

I was torturing myself by thinking of next season. No way they re-sign Burrell, so the mighty lineup from last season will have been slowly chipped down to scrap. The starting rotation is a mess that they've been trying to fix forever. The only hope is they get a GM with some imagination, but I know that's a long shot.

Ruben.  Amaro.  Jr.