2008 Philadelphia Phillies Season/Playoff Thread (Die Mets Die)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2008, 09:28:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

Cardenas has done nothing to lower his prospects.  He's hitting over .300 in high A ball Clearwater and remained one of, if not the TOP rated positional prospect in their system.

And Billy Beane has always been a fairly astute judge of talent in the past.  I'd say that if he insisted on Outman then he must see a future for him in the Majors.

Time will tell on all accounts, though.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Rome on July 18, 2008, 09:34:43 AM
And Billy Beane has always been a fairly astute judge of talent in the past.  I'd say that if he insisted on Outman then he must see a future for him in the Majors.

does that mean blanton sucks?

and reese if the phillies win the world series with this current rotation whoever you considerd their second best starter would probably be the worst to win a title in the last 50? years...you dont need two aces but you better have a real good #2 guy and they dont have that...unless kyle kendrick is the next greg maddux and is waiting for the playoffs to show it
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Rome

What it says is the A's couldn't or wouldn't pay him just like they wouldn't pay Hudson, Mulder or Zito.  I'm not suggesting he's in their league talent-wise, but salary-wise he is or will be.

BigEd76

Rome

reese125

damn eddy--7+ years and 13,855 posts later and the signature changed

well done

ice grillin you

blanton cant become a FA until after the 2010 season and wont make a huge amount in arbitration...money had a lot less to do with this oakland deal than most of them

great paragraph from a great conlin article today...if he isnt the best writer in the country id like to know who is....

Six road games against the Marlins and Mets . . . And next Wednesday, when Brett Myers is scheduled to emerge from his odyssey through Triple A, Double A and Class A with a start in Shea Stadium, the Eagles will be in training camp. And thousands will be making the daily run up the Northeast Extension to watch the NFL version of batting practice, despite gas more expensive per gallon than jug wine. It is a psychological milestone of significance, a weigh station where bandwagons are boarded and allegiances tested. If scattered chants of E-A-G-L-E-S - EAGLES! erupt at the Bank on the next homestand, you will not need the standings to inform you the Phillies are no longer in first place.

Rome

If I participated in the ghoulpool, Conlin would be at the top of my list.

MDS

man i wish he was done and billy lyon was still writing on a weekly basis.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SD_Eagle5

Cardenas is only an average fielding 2B, but he hits for a decent average and has above average speed. I've read a couple of scouting reports that say he might eventually project as an OF. Don't know if they're taking the bums current situation with Utley at second or if that's just their overall opinion. No way Cardenas or Outman were even top 5 prospects. [

Quote from: MDS on July 18, 2008, 12:07:09 PM
man i wish he was done and billy lyon was still writing on a weekly basis.

Lyon is a legend but I've always enjoyed Conlin's stuff.

ice grillin you

lyon is local legend....conlin is national legend and will be in the baseball hall of fame one day...hes one of the best writers of all time

SunMo

conlin has been done for 5 years...he's beyond awful now
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

ice grillin you

every one of his columns is at worst a B-

today was an A+

Rome

His columns are angry, bitter, old-man rants that no one gives a shtein about.

ice grillin you

more like historical field trips that contain more baseball knowledge than any of us could ever imagine...but if his sand paper like attitude hurts your feelings im sure hes sorry for it