The Wire

Started by ice grillin you, May 01, 2007, 02:39:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: rjs246 on October 26, 2010, 02:56:38 PM
Why is that worth posting about, exactly?

If there has to be a thread dedicated to this TV program, then I owe it to :CF to post absolutely anything I see about it.  Also, it is where my interests in the show end, because I've never actually watched it.

ice grillin you

Quote from: FastFreddie on October 26, 2010, 03:04:22 PM

If there has to be a thread dedicated to this TV program, then I owe it to :CF to post absolutely anything I see about it.  Also, it is where my interests in the show end, because I've never actually watched it.

you tell em son!
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

Quote from: FastFreddie on October 26, 2010, 02:25:54 PM
Do you write about sports for a living?

is that a serious question?
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Here is my understanding of The Wire:

It's an excellent show about cops and bad guys in Baltimore.
It's very well-acted, including multiple lesser-known minority actors.
It is no longer on the air (it has been indefinitely cancelled).

So, yes... My comment was serious.  If enough DVD's sell, would HBO consider bringing it back?

ice grillin you

hbo has no say in it...it only comes back if simon wants it to and hes said that it isnt going to happen

season 5 while better than any other shows best season was a fall off big time for the wire and showed that they stopped at exactly the right time

SD

Quote from: ice grillin you on October 26, 2010, 03:25:18 PM

season 5 while better than any other shows best season was a fall off big time for the wire and showed that they stopped at exactly the right time

Couldn't agree more. The show was a masterpiece, it has tremendous replay value, there's zero reason to mess with it or extend it.

MDS

Quote from: FastFreddie on October 26, 2010, 03:22:35 PM
Here is my understanding of The Wire:

It's an excellent show about cops and bad guys in Baltimore.
It's very well-acted, including multiple lesser-known minority actors.
It is no longer on the air (it has been indefinitely cancelled).

So, yes... My comment was serious.  If enough DVD's sell, would HBO consider bringing it back?

it wasnt canceled weirdo, it ended on its own terms.

no its never coming back

the dvd sales arent even strong enough to remotely consider it.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

PhillyPhreak54

PoopyfaceMcGee

"@sportsguy33: Whoa. RT @amazondeals Deal of the Day: $74.99 - The Wire: The Complete Series http://amzn.to/GoldboxDeals"

MDS

QuoteYour life is complete, u r an intelligent, evolved human being. I can't help u. RT @tstock7: what about those of us who already own the Wire

whitlock speaks the truth yet again

MDS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9VspqcwtJQ

yes or no on clay davis making meta jokes about the wire

didnt land for me

ice grillin you

SD

Quote from: ice grillin you on January 20, 2011, 09:39:45 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FD0Wwd8l6-w

Damn, he's bitter. They could have filmed the Wire in a bunch of different urban settings and produced the same show. He's real glass half empty with his rant because the Wire is a story of cops and crime so of course you're going to get the negative aspect of the city. And lol at his Miami/NY/LA crime show comparisons, those shows suck ass and despite what he says they're not all peaches and cream.

ice grillin you

basically hes saying the wire would have been awesome if it wasnt so realistic

or maybe the rawls bar scene hit a little too close to home