The Wire

Started by ice grillin you, May 01, 2007, 02:39:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

i dont think its close but i have no problem with that....the sopranos first whatever years were awesome...in fact i dont have a problem with people who say sopranos is better...its not like saying lost is 1b...shtein i think its great that someone thinks the wire is better
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SD

Quote from: ice grillin you on August 23, 2010, 06:52:21 PM
i dont think its close but i have no problem with that....the sopranos first whatever years were awesome...in fact i dont have a problem with people who say sopranos is better...its not like saying lost is 1b...shtein i think its great that someone thinks the wire is better

I just finished season 3 of the Soprano's about an hour ago (Omar makes an appearance). I didn't care for season 1, season 2 got better, and season 3 was pretty good. It has it's moments but overall I don't see how any one can watch it and compare it to the Wire. Soprano's takes a concept and tailors a story around it. I thought the writing in the early seasons was a little shallow, they used it to pump up a single character then mixed in some psychology to make the show seem deeper than it was...although eason 3 did a little better job. I always felt the Wire delved deeper into it's own world and made all the pieces fit like no other show has. Even the secondary characters in the Wire are far and away better than the decent characters in the Soprano's.

As far as crime/drugs shows go that I watch I'd rank them:
The Wire

Breaking Bad

The Soprano's

ice grillin you

the wire is one trillion times better than sopranos and breaking bad combined...im just saying the wire isnt for everyone (hence its viewership and emmy totals) and those people could do a lot worse than saying the sopranos is ...thats all im saying

MDS

its not for everyone, youre right

but someone who has seen both twice and claims to worship both puts them essentially equal

thats just wrong is what im saying
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

thats true....i dont see how you could have watched and loved the wire and think anything approaches it

MDS

especially a show that spent half of the time between the 3rd season the end in horrendously boring dream sequences

ice grillin you

omg dont remind me...that was soooo painful

MDS

how anyone can sit through that then say its equal to frank sobtaka and edward tillman middle is beyond me

in fact this person ceases to exist

Eagles_Legendz

Quote from: ice grillin you on August 23, 2010, 06:52:21 PM

*Lost is 1a.

SD

you should not have taken the bait

Eagles_Legendz

Just stating the facts.  Through the Looking Glass = greatest television episode of all time.

ice grillin you

its not bait its just a popular show that isnt any good but has tons of fanboys so its a perfect example of lunacy when comparing something to the wire...i couldnt really come up with another example

ill argue with someone all night about sopranos vs wire...and have

i dont have the interest to even argue lost being a bad vs a good show much less it being better than the wire...people who think that are hopeless and unamerican

Eagles_Legendz

Quote from: Eagles_Legendz on August 23, 2010, 09:28:56 PM
Just stating the facts.  Through the Looking Glass = greatest television episode of all time.

QFT.

Eagles_Legendz

Seriously though, I love The Wire and think the show is amazing and has production values that probably aren't paralleled anywhere in TV.  I'll argue to the end of the earth that Lost is a legitimately good show, but there's no point in this thread.