The Wire

Started by ice grillin you, May 01, 2007, 02:39:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

omar is going to play the mayor of the black section of atlantic city in boardwalk empire, a new show that has a roughly 100% chance of getting picked up by hbo.

its 1920's ac, kinda like mad men meets sopranos. terrance winter is writing, scorscese directing the pilot, so its a win.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SD_Eagle5

I'm gonna sound like igy here but I can't think of a better season of tv than season 4 of the wire.

SunMo

really?  i'm having trouble getting into it.  not saying it's bad or i don't like it.  but it hasn't grabbed me like 1 thru 3 did.  i just finished ep 7 last nite
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Rome

MDS

of course sunmo cant get into it. of course he cant. of course.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: SunMo on June 13, 2009, 01:22:07 PM
really?  i'm having trouble getting into it.  not saying it's bad or i don't like it.  but it hasn't grabbed me like 1 thru 3 did.  i just finished ep 7 last nite

maybe you're not close enough to the tv

ice grillin you

Quote from: SD_Eagle on June 13, 2009, 01:03:55 PM
I'm gonna sound like igy here but I can't think of a better season of tv than season 4 of the wire.

its mind blowing how much he developed the characters in one short season...watch the first episode of season four then the last and theres no way youd beileve they are from the same season of a tv show...most shows would take like five seasons to do what simon did in one...its phenominal
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SunMo

bought homicide this weekend

ice grillin you

homocide was pretty good before i saw the wire...now i have problems finishing an episode because i cant stop myself from wanting to just put on the wire instead

SunMo

i mean Simon's book

ice grillin you

oh the book is insane...its like reading a non fiction version of the show...i think i read it in less than two days and its not short and i am not a good reader

Diomedes

Spain is the best, and I don't travel much, so I know.

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

MDS

i bought the corner and homocide. both will take me about 3 years to read.

ice grillin you

JAMIE HECTOR, who played drug kingpin Marlo Stanfield on "The Wire," just wrapped shooting a film called "The Gift" in town. He stars as an aspiring rapper who runs a credit-card scam to raise money for a surgery necessary for his son, played by Tyire Johnson. Nicole "Hoopz" Alexander, of VH1's "Flavor of Love," plays his wife.

MDS

i had a dream last night that i graduated from college and slim charles was sitting at a table with my dad and grandmother.