Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

lol @ lester

i cant even discuss this with you
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

its called common sense not elitism

MDS

its common sense that a dude who was in 11 episodes for 1 story arc is better than a guy who was in just about every episode and played a pivotal role in numerous story lines? how flippin awesome was the lester character. the way they brought him along and slowly revealed how skilled he was? how he would school mcnulty and his interaction with the bunk?

perhaps his most memorable scene is this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EeFa8QOq_Y but never the less he is a great character. if sobotoka hadnt been killed off (yes that was an amazing scene to end the episode), he would be a solid choice.

cracker
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

rjs246

Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Rome

The thread or the two freaks talking about a defunct television show?

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: phattymatty on April 10, 2009, 09:33:41 AM
omar won this before it even started.

like when Alba won the MB competition

rjs246

Quote from: Rome on April 10, 2009, 05:55:08 PM

Can't it be both?
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

ice grillin you

Quote from: MDS on April 10, 2009, 05:39:20 PM
its common sense that a dude who was in 11 episodes for 1 story arc is better than a guy who was in just about every episode and played a pivotal role in numerous story lines? how flippin awesome was the lester character. the way they brought him along and slowly revealed how skilled he was? how he would school mcnulty and his interaction with the bunk?

perhaps his most memorable scene is this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EeFa8QOq_Y but never the less he is a great character. if sobotoka hadnt been killed off (yes that was an amazing scene to end the episode), he would be a solid choice.

cracker

im not even saying there isnt someone who could replace him as a one and there not be an argument...im saying he is definitely worthy of it...its not even a question...but mostly what i was saying is youre insane for thinking lester smoov would be on that line much less is better than frank...frank carried an entire season like no one else on the show has...he pretty much owned everyone scene he was ever in and he has more great scenes than i can count...it was almost like he was to consistent...he was top notch whenever he appeared vs other guys being incredible here or there but coasting other times

Quote from: Rome on April 10, 2009, 05:55:08 PM

the wire like the 700 level lives

MDS

well i guess im in the minority if a character who was in 11 episodes is so popular.

MDS

website lets you download david simons pitch to hbo on the wire (features original character outlines that they changed) and a few scripts

can anyone tell me how to get this shtein to work, this might be the greatest thing ever

http://www.kottke.org/09/04/the-wire-bible

SunMo

season 3 is ondemand now
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

ice grillin you

Sgt PSN

MDS

treme gets picked up for nine episodes (im guessing thats in addition to the already completed pilot). hbo says they want to air it in the fall, but because of hurricane season in new orleans, they can't really start shooting until november. so...who knows. but the wire: nawlins will air. nice.