The Wire

Started by ice grillin you, May 01, 2007, 02:39:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

is there such thing as a thumbs down when talking about the wire?

anyway i meant to post this the other day...

so lately ive been rewatching the series again and im currently in season three...

cant recall the episode but i wanna say 33...theres a scene in hampsterdam where this chick from the suburbs is seen buying drugs from a car....i notcie its dee dee the chick from this season who gives a speech at a NA meeting about recovering from her addiction...so i look into it and find she is in one other episode from season 4 where she walks into old faced andres shop to buy something....she is clearly working as a prostitute for drug money....

to see the whole connection is so cool....you have a glimpse at the genius and beauty of the wire....an entire character arc completed using just 3 scenes thruout three seasons...and they do it with such subtlety and without fanfare...i swear to god im gonna be watching this show for years to look for stuff like this
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SD_Eagle5

MDS

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 07, 2008, 02:08:43 PM
is there such thing as a thumbs down when talking about the wire?

anyway i meant to post this the other day...

so lately ive been rewatching the series again and im currently in season three...

cant recall the episode but i wanna say 33...theres a scene in hampsterdam where this chick from the suburbs is seen buying drugs from a car....i notcie its dee dee the chick from this season who gives a speech at a NA meeting about recovering from her addiction...so i look into it and find she is in one other episode from season 4 where she walks into old faced andres shop to buy something....she is clearly working as a prostitute for drug money....

to see the whole connection is so cool....you have a glimpse at the genius and beauty of the wire....an entire character arc completed using just 3 scenes thruout three seasons...and they do it with such subtlety and without fanfare...i swear to god im gonna be watching this show for years to look for stuff like this

whitlock mentioned this in his talk with simmons in his podcast about the show. it was a good listen as a prelude to seeing the finale. which i wont speak on.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

i heard about that but i heard it sucked...isnt simmons on it too

MDS

they talked about the show for 45 minutes. wasnt amazing talk, but ill listen to bush and hillary clinton talk about the wire.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

what is a podcast

do you have a link?

it better be worth it or im sending your phillies ticket back

MDS

espn.com and its there. i luv u lots

ice grillin you

Seabiscuit36

same here, I cant wait for this, and hope that it doesnt disappoint, which im sure wont happen.
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

SD_Eagle5

boners all around

SunMo

i hope they eat onion rings at the end
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: SunMo on March 09, 2008, 08:06:15 PM
i hope they eat onion rings at the end
Onion Rings are to die for
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

SunMo

best in the state
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Rome

I hope all the white characters get killed.

ice grillin you

burger king onion ring dippin sauce FTW