The Wire

Started by ice grillin you, May 01, 2007, 02:39:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The BIGSTUD

I think it would be funny, because it is completely and totally fitting. Omar's fate is death. He flirts with it too often. How fitting would it be for him to get capped by some underaged kid after he sized up dudes 5 times his age all his life?
Calling it right on the $ since day one.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: King Cole on February 12, 2008, 04:26:55 PM
I think it would be funny, because it is completely and totally fitting. Omar's fate is death. He flirts with it too often. How fitting would it be for him to get capped by some underaged kid after he sized up dudes 5 times his age all his life?

It would be awful. Everyone's fate is death so that point is ridiculous. I'd rather the final scene be him walking with his shotgun whistling farmer in the del. Not being capped by some 8 year old kid in a convenience store. If that happens it will go down as one of the all time worst things ever to happen on television. I notice in the clip he's not walking with a limp so who knows what is really going on.

The BIGSTUD

Quote from: SD_Eagle on February 12, 2008, 05:09:06 PM

It would be awful. Everyone's fate is death so that point is ridiculous. I'd rather the final scene be him walking with his shotgun whistling farmer in the del. Not being capped by some 8 year old kid in a convenience store. If that happens it will go down as one of the all time worst things ever to happen on television. I notice in the clip he's not walking with a limp so who knows what is really going on.

Of course everyone's fate is death in real life. I meant in this particular show. Your ending would be cool too, but I really wouldn't have a huge issue with that ending. Other than the fact that I already saw it and it is ruined. I noticed he had a cane in the scene, so maybe his leg is still messed up, it just wasn't as evident.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

SunMo

Quote from: King Cole on February 12, 2008, 05:27:48 PM

Of course everyone's fate is death in real life. I meant in this particular show. Your ending would be cool too, but I really wouldn't have a huge issue with that ending. Other than the fact that I already saw it and it is ruined. I noticed he had a cane in the scene, so maybe his leg is still messed up, it just wasn't as evident.

worst conversation ever
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: King Cole on February 12, 2008, 05:27:48 PM

MDS

re-watched episode 6 just now.

the randy scene with bunk = most painful moment in the show since wallace died.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

The BIGSTUD

MDS knows if the spoiler is real or not and he hasn't even seen the rest yet. He just knows.

SD_Eagle5

They've done a phenominal job of keeping the last 3 episodes under wraps, which lends me to believe that scene was a diversion. Out of all the scenes to leak why leak that one? I did some looking around lastnight on some boards and some fans who swore they saw the last 3 said: McNulty either commits suicide because his life is down the tubes (no girlfriend, alcoholic, he leaves the police) or he gets relieved, he takes the wrap for the fake homeless deaths and leaves Lester out of it. Chris fesses up to the murders in the empty houses after Bunk finds DNA off of Michaels dad. Omar kills Snoop. Marlo puts a huge ransom on Omars head, Kenard takes out Omar, then Chris and Snoop take out Kenard. Dukie becomes a crack head. Namon and Bunny make an appearance at a funeral, but I have no idea whose funeral. Freemon cracks Marlo's watch code and Marlo gets locked up, last scene you see is him in jail and Avon and the Russian near him, not sure if its good or bad for Marlo.

No idea if any of the above is true, just what I read and wish I hadn't.

Drunkmasterflex

I just started watching this show last week, I am almost done with the first season.  So far I really like it, the only thing that kind of sucks about it is some of the acting. 
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: SD_Eagle on February 12, 2008, 12:27:39 AM
*****Major Spoiler***** Probably the biggest Wire spoiler ever. I wish I wouldn't have seen this. I'm hoping Simon just put this out there to farg with people. No way they can have Kenard kill off Omar. This has got to be a diversion: Link

Worst episode ever. Worst season ever.

I'm gonna watch the last two episodes then pretend season 5 never existed.

The BIGSTUD

I'm on board with you now. The clip made it look ironic, but it was just so totally uneventful when it plays out in full. Really lame and it completely killed it.

One of the best characters in TV history gone like nothing.

MDS

is that spoiler in reference to what just went down episode 8?
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: MDS on February 18, 2008, 07:57:32 PM
is that spoiler in reference to what just went down episode 8?

Yeah. I really thought they threw it out there to throw people off. I wish I was right.

MDS

The death was fitting. It made sense. It would have been a complete cop out to have Omar gets the heroes ending or an over-dramatic, contrived send-off. He went into buy a pack of smokes, and some little thug hopper offed him. Just like that. That's what happens. Say what you want about the phony serial killer story line, but this was a painfully realistic way to send off Omar. The character certainly deserved better, but this isn't a typical TV show.