The Wire

Started by ice grillin you, May 01, 2007, 02:39:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

oh no, by including such an incredibly popular actor like richard belzer, the wire has gone too hollywood for the likes of igy. boooooo.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

not to hollywood....just anti wire...it doesnt fit the show at all...the show was built off of characters played by actors that were unknown and so good that your belief that there were actually playing a role was suspended

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Wingspan

Quote from: ice grillin you on August 08, 2007, 01:45:16 PM
not to hollywood....just anti wire...it doesnt fit the show at all...the show was built off of characters played by actors that were unknown and so good that your belief that there were actually playing a role was suspended

Except for the fact that they were tiny people inside an electrical box.
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

ice grillin you

Seabiscuit36

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

SD_Eagle5

Never new Omar was based (even loosely) off a real person.

ice grillin you

read the book homocide and/or watch the wire episodes that come with commentary and youll find out most of the characters and many of the scenes from the show are based on true people and events

SunMo

will you stop spelling it like that
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

MDS

i need to read homocide. uncle igy give it to me.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

tonyromocide

my co worker has it now...when hes done ill send it to you if you want...better come back the way i give it out or we will be getting rid of two dead jews

MDS

i promise gem mint ten condition.

MDS

Predictions are that The Wire Season 5 will begin in February 2008. Most likely the week after the superbowl, which is Feb. 10.

Also, DVD box art for Season 4, which will probably come out around Hannukah and Kwanza:

ice grillin you

dirsty ass triflin dookie

MDS

QuoteSimon stated at the Night at the Wire event on June 9, 2007 that Detective Sydnor is the only character who remains morally clean at the end of the show, but not perfectly since "after all, this is The Wire". Simon also made references towards a possible run by Mayor Carcetti for governor, continuing to mirror current Maryland Governor and former Baltimore Mayor Martin O'Malley. On that night, fans were allowed to tour the Baltimore Sun newsroom the show had constructed, as a main setting for Season 5 will be the media, and a main theme will be homelessness. It has been rumored that in Season 5 of The Wire, Homicide stars Richard Belzer[30] and Clark Johnson[31] will guest star. Johnson specifically is rumored to play the city editor of Baltimore's daily newspaper.

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: MDS on August 19, 2007, 02:51:33 PM
Predictions are that The Wire Season 5 will begin in February 2008. Most likely the week after the superbowl, which is Feb. 10.

Also, DVD box art for Season 4, which will probably come out around Hannukah and Kwanza:

Nice. I'm roughly 2/3 through season 3. I don't want to see any spoilers but its to my understanding that season 4 revolves around 4 teenagers. Are they new characters or part of Marlo's group or from the Barksdale side?