The Wire

Started by ice grillin you, May 01, 2007, 02:39:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

Quote from: ice grillin you on June 18, 2007, 11:24:25 AM
this weeks entertainment magazine on who they think should win emmys this year....

Best Drama
HBO's The Wire dredges the mucky working's of big-city Baltimore: drug dealers who are savvier than politicians, politcos with the cynicism of street-corner pushers, and, in last season's particularly gutting plotline, four inner-city schoolkids who stumble into very different destinies.  Additctive, thrilling, crushing, buoyant, dirty, utterly genuine - The Wire is television at it's finest.

Best Supporting Actor/Drama
We like Maestro Harrell.  Seeing as The Wire boasts an ensemble of 30-plus pitch perfect actors, it's hard to find a stand out.  But Harrell dominated the 2006 season with his performance as 14 year old Randy - a wiseass, hustling, joyful kid whose life goes off the rails.  Give this young actor some more work.  Now.

good calls about harrell didnt even submit for emmy consideration. only bunk and bubs did.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

the wire is so much better and different than homocide that you probably should be banned for that post

i didnt even like homocide while the wire is more important than air
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

ice grillin you

only bunk and bubs did.

bunk is so good

not that bubs was weak or anyhting but he did much better work in earlier seasons

bodie is the man and arguably the best in the entire show

MDS

none of that matters. the yuppy jews liberals who vote on this shtein dont watch the wire and dont give two craps about it. because the tv critics went ape shtein over the show, they might throw the wire a best writing nomination or it can sneak in best drama nominations but has no shot to win.

its also tough to specifically single out someone from the wire's cast. everyone is so good in it, and its truly an ensemble piece, that saying 1 person was better than the other is tough.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

Ummm... isn't David Simon Jewish?

ice grillin you

saying 1 person was better than the other is tough

im saying bodie is better than the others

he didnt get enough face time this year tho

Seabiscuit36

Everytime i see Bodie, i see Kenny from OZ stealing sneakers.
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

MDS

Quote from: Jerome99RIP on June 18, 2007, 01:29:08 PM

yea i think so. but he doesnt vote. and the show is anti-hollywood. not shot there, he uses random writers who dont write for tv, uses actors he pulls off the streets of bodymore, shtein like that. the industry dont like the show, thats why it doesnt go any love. plus its about scary black people.

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: MDS on June 18, 2007, 01:43:23 PM
Quote from: Jerome99RIP on June 18, 2007, 01:29:08 PM

yea i think so. but he doesnt vote. and the show is anti-hollywood. not shot there, he uses random writers who dont write for tv, uses actors he pulls off the streets of bodymore, shtein like that. the industry dont like the show, thats why it doesnt go any love. plus its about scary black people.
He uses mostly actors in the area, i said it before.  My brothers friend is doing a little acting, he was in a few episodes but they cut him out.  He said it was amazing being on set in the real B More, where there were shots fired for real 2 blocks over. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

MDS

bodymore, murderland

ice grillin you

Seabiscuit36

Seabiscuit36

MDS

Bunny Colvin is joining the cast of Prison Break. I assume this is after The Wire films it's season (they are doing so now, PB starts filming in a month or so)

MDS

QuoteI spoke to Andre Royo at the Entourage premiere and after some friendly needling, he coughed up this spoiler about The Wire's fifth and final season, now shooting in Baltimore: "It's not the last you'll see of the Barksdale family."

Word.