The Wire

Started by ice grillin you, May 01, 2007, 02:39:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

watching it the second time makes you wonder even more how so many people can say they couldnt get into it until like the 6-7-8th episode of season one

i was hooked half way thru ep 1
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Eagles_Legendz

I liked it from the beginning of season 1.  The only time I felt less than enthusiastic about the show was the beginning of season 2.  I thought the first two episodes were slow, probably because I liked the characters from season 1 so much that I wasn't expecting an entire new crew that I didn't know to get a majority of the air time in the new season.

PhillyPhreak54

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SunMo

Chris Partlow in season 1
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

shorebird

I'm on disk three of season three and I have to say, Wendell Pierce is one of the best actors I've seen.

Diomedes

He's fantastic in that role.  Pitch perfect.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

SD

ya happy now ya bitch

MDS

In terms of acting performances for the entire series he is 1-2 with john doman
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

shorebird

Quote from: ice grillin you on August 22, 2010, 05:15:57 PM
tv just doesnt get any better than this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wmgghlEagA

I agree. Funny how almost right after posting about Pierce, I watched the disk with that very scene. Just fortified my opinion.

I liked how Bunk's words struck a cord with Omar and he couldn't shake it. At least Bunk ended up getting the gun back.

Diomedes

Chord.  You strike a chord.  You play a progression of chords.

Cord.  You cut a cord.  You wrap a cord around the neck of the guy who points out your mistakes.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Rome

HOW CAN YOU HAVE ANY PUDDING IF YOU DON'T EAT YOUR MEAT?!?!

ice grillin you

shore is IN

romey you next!

MDS

mike schur is on the sepinwall podcast making a pitch at how the sopranos is 1b to the wires 1a.

how someone can think like this after claiming to see the wire twice is beyond me. staggering munsion level stupidity. even shore is in and im 99% sure hes a klan member.