Alshon Jeffrey, Philadelphia Eagle

Started by SD, March 09, 2017, 04:13:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

i dont see this preventing them for using their 1st or 2nd pick on wr
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

AshishPatel81

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 09, 2017, 04:24:50 PM
Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on March 09, 2017, 04:18:29 PM
Logic for a one year deal?

get to take a look at a walking injury for a year with no future committment....then after a year if hes healthy and productive with wentz you can ink him long term

Bingo. Can prove he's an elite level WR, and get a better long-term contract from the Eagles next year.

Eagaholic

Except if he proves he's an elite level WR there may be 5 other teams knocking on his door who can throw way more $$ at him than the Birds can. Still, it gives them the inside track and a tag and trade wouldn't be the worst thing if it turns out they can't afford him.

PhillyPhreak54

Let's hope it actually works out and he doesn't blow his knee out or get suspended again

General_Failure

Quote from: Eagaholic on March 09, 2017, 08:06:14 PM
Except if he proves he's an elite level WR there may be 5 other teams knocking on his door who can throw way more $$ at him than the Birds can. Still, it gives them the inside track and a tag and trade wouldn't be the worst thing if it turns out they can't afford him.

If he has a decent enough season to get an offer from another team, he's at least bought them another season to find a real receiver to grow up with Wentz.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Rome

Quote from: General_Failure on March 09, 2017, 08:25:10 PM

If he has a decent enough season to get an offer from another team, he's at least bought them another season to find a real receiver to grow up with Wentz.

This was exactly my thought. 

BigEd76

Love the move and I'm hoping he stays a while, but since the top 3 WRs are all potential UFAs next offseason and the futures of Agholor and DGB are in doubt, here's next year's UFA WR class as an FYI:

Fitzgerald (likely retiring)
DeAndre Hopkins
Jarvis Landry
Edelman
Adam Thielen
Allen Robinson
Davante Adams
Martavis Bryant
Marqise Lee
Amendola
Mike Wallace
Eddie Royal (might be a salary cap cut this year)
Paul Richardson
Donte Moncrief
Harry Douglas
Cody Latimer
Josh Huff
Stedman Bailey
John Brown
anyone else that signs a 1-year deal this offseason

Sgt PSN

Of that list, Hopkins is the only one who really does anything for me.  Some other nice guys on that list, but none of them are really game changers on their own. 

General_Failure

So they're either drafting somebody this year or next.

Diomedes

The one year deal gives them a chance to keep him from hitting the open market if this turns out to be good for the Eagles. 
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

General_Failure

They're still the Eagles, so he's probably not going to turn out to be good for them.

Diomedes

Oh, it'll be good, until right after a big deal is signed.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Eagaholic

Quote from: Rome on March 09, 2017, 08:36:17 PM
Quote from: General_Failure on March 09, 2017, 08:25:10 PM

This was exactly my thought. 
Yeah, even with some Howie magic it's still best case scenario a 2 year rebuild before they are a threat to go deep in the playoffs.

PhillyPhreak54

I'd denounce my love for Five and Five Fo for Deandre Hopkins to be an Eagle

Eagaholic

You'll hate yourself in the morning.