Week One - 2023

Started by PhillyPhreak54, September 05, 2023, 02:16:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

I had her on the iPad

Brian Branch!

MDS

ok now its time for football

hot take: the chiefs aint it without a healthy kelce
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

Toney back to being a bum. Too bad he couldn't have that punt clang off his hands back in February

PhillyPhreak54

Lions are Lioning

Play calling stinks and they're not using Gibbs at all

MDS

jared goff is a stiff, why do they roll him out

he makes nick foles look athletic

PhillyPhreak54

What in the world, Andy.

He goes for it on 4th and 20 with the two min warning and three timeouts.

Finally a false start on the RT is called. Saves Andy from going for it right?

Nope. He still goes.

And they almost converted. Chiefs have had a million drops tonight.

Wow

MDS

it was the right call, they shouldve gone for it on the previous 4th down too

they shouldve tried to catch a ball or two. womp womp kc

QB Eagles

It was a super arrogant play call. Reid doesn't do that without a couple Lombardis in his pocket. 4th and a mile on your end of the field, down 1, with over 2 minutes and a full complement of timeouts. That's where you gotta put it on your defense, even if your QB is Mahomes and your defense is the Chiefs defense.

MDS

if i had mahomes id basically never punt

im not sure of the math, but in that spot giving up a 1st ends the game. ok. so you get a stop with a TOD, a missed fg, or they hit the fg and you are down 4 with 100 seconds left. you punt, get a stop, they punt, its 100 seconds and the length of the field down 1.

the stop % there was low enough and mahomes is good enough that im rollin it with

PhillyPhreak54

Even if he was thinking

The Lions score and we get the ball back to win (assuming a FG by DET) — what happens if they score a TD? 28-20 and now you drive the field to score a TD and have to get a two to force OT. That is dumb.

You punt and hope the Lions blow it and can't convert and punt it back. Then you let Mahomes do his thing and Butker wins it 23-21

MDS

in that spot there was 1 set of downs left, so the td didnt matter. i thought it was worth it on the previous 4th down, which was 3yds with about 5 mins left. the td was in play there.

punting is basically like bunting to me. dont do it unless you really need to.

Diomedes

the Toney at #1 experiment is off to a horrid start...could he have been worse last night?
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

PhillyPhreak54

Ridder and Stroud both completed passes to themselves early on.

Niners are cooking

Panthers driving too. Weird seeing Miles in that uni

PhillyPhreak54

Doodoo QB play so far

Lamar picked
Pickett picked
Cuzzo fumbled the snap