Week 3 - Commies: No Vaseline

Started by MDS, September 19, 2022, 11:28:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: MDS on September 25, 2022, 09:06:33 PM
i know they put up a bunch of yards but hurts was really mediocre here. they put together basically one td drive (the other two were aided by a smith incompletion ruled catch and a turnover). he and nick/shane were bailed out by devonta and aj brown being really god damn good. hurts is much better than i thought he could be but lets remember what he is. he still hasnt put a complete game together.

the 4th and 1 jet sweep to zach pascal was utter insanity -- 3 pro bowl skill guys and an athletic qb and you give it to him?

but really did they didnt have to do anything because carson was such a disaster. how much fun was it watching this and laughing at him instead of yelling? dude held onto the ball forever, missing guys all over the place, fumble here and fumble there. he gifted the eagles half their sacks just by refusing to give up on a play. he sucked big time.

the league is really mediocre this year and with their bad schedule...man oh man they can win 13 games

Yep.

I don't like their performance in goal to go situations so far this season - especially today. Gotta clean them up. And the special teams.

SD

The play calling was abysmal and they really had no run game...Hurts did it with his arm. Respect the man.

HO1

MDS

Quote from: Hurts_Defense_Superbowl on September 25, 2022, 09:19:43 PM
The play calling was abysmal and they really had no run game...Hurts did it with his arm. Respect the man.

HO1

the whole sequence at the end of 1H was just terrible...smith went up and made a play and bailed them out but i had no clue what sirianni and stichen were doing

if they had allen or mahomes theyd never lose, theirreceivers are amazing
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SD

He's putting the ball where his receivers can make plays. If he was a white qb you'd be frothing at the mouth.

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

MDS

Quote from: Hurts_Defense_Superbowl on September 25, 2022, 09:39:43 PM
He's putting the ball where his receivers can make plays. If he was a white qb you'd be frothing at the mouth.

theres just something about hurts that tell me hes not a good leader and doesnt have the mental acumen to read defenses...i dont know what it is
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: MDS on September 25, 2022, 09:45:45 PM

theres just something about hurts that tell me hes not a good leader and doesnt have the mental acumen to read defenses...i dont know what it is

This isn't a serious post.

SD

MDS

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on September 25, 2022, 10:16:05 PM
Quote from: MDS on September 25, 2022, 09:45:45 PM

This isn't a serious post.

wait this isnt caste football?

General_Failure

No, I haven't figured out the Parler integration yet.

The man. The myth. The legend.

PhillyPhreak54

lol half those idiots are prob locked up from their J6 involvement

General_Failure

That and they've never been big on integration.

The man. The myth. The legend.

QB Eagles

If Hurts plays as well as he did Week 1 and Week 3 they will win a lot of games. If he plays as well as he did Week 2 they will win all the games.

Mediocre is an underselling of what he did today. 340 yards, no turnovers isn't mediocre. But the decision making and especially the accuracy were nowhere near as sharp as last week.

On the coaching side, the play calling was confusing at times but the overall adjustments throughout the game were impressive. I thought the Wash defense showed up with a solid game plan and effectively shut down the run game and were winning man matchups early. Steichen/Sirianni had the thing unlocked by the second quarter. Shades of last year with struggles in the red zone though. Gannon's guys were tackling and seemed to know exactly where the ball was going more often than not.

I'm not going to fret over the scoreless second halves. They have been garbage time.

Outside of Elliot, special teams looks weak. Seems inevitable that it will cost a game eventually.

The best thing about the Eagles is their roster. Respect to Howie.

SD

ST have been their glaring weakness. Unlike 10 years ago when I knew every useless position coach I had to look up their ST coordinator. Guys name is Mike Clay. Britain Covey is a less competent Reno Mahe. I'd rather have a 3rd string position player who can also return punts but they want kr as a specified singular role.

In regards to Hurts: one of my biggest issues with him was the underthrows. It's obvious he worked hard to address that issue as he's now leading his receivers. The sideline throw to Smith was pretty amazing...sure it registered as a catch and probably gets overturned but boohoo Ron didn't get his flag out in time and the throw was the only place he could have put it for Smith to have a chance.

Another big concern was watching Browns highlights he just excels at the slant. Hurts couldn't throw a slant to save his life last season . He obviously worked hard with Brown in the offseason because he's throwing it into quadruple coverage. Brown is a master of finding space on slants. Great chemistry there.

Hurts only threw one int this season and most of us would agree it was 100% on Gainwell (not sure why he's still on the team).

All this and the jags will probably crush him next week