2021 Flyers thread

Started by SD, January 13, 2021, 05:08:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD

They're trading a 2nd,3rd and 4th for the rights to MAGA deplorable defenseman Tony Deangelo. farg this team to high hell.

ice grillin you

someone said introductory press conference scheduled for 1 oclock tommorow at Four Seasons Total Landscaping
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SD

Quote from: ice grillin you on July 08, 2022, 11:58:24 AM
someone said introductory press conference scheduled for 1 oclock tommorow at Four Seasons Total Landscaping

lol

SD

Not sure I've ever been as down on a Philly team as I am the current Flyers

https://twitter.com/FlyersNation/status/1545431948566433793 20&t=gbEc2bw5AC9_JDDkteIppg

ice grillin you

yeah they are disgusting.... they kind of remind me of the phillies teams after the 93 run and before jimmy got there
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SD

Quote from: ice grillin you on July 08, 2022, 12:45:44 PM
yeah they are disgusting.... they kind of remind me of the phillies teams after the 93 run and before jimmy got there

Bingo

At least they had Rolen and I wasn't as into politics at the time but I don't remember if Schilling was a deplorable piece of shtein then too. Deangelo is as bad as it gets.

Geowhizzer

I think Schilling was, but it was before social media, so it wasn't as out there.

MDS

in the 90s being a rancid white male was kinda the norm....schill def got red pilled big time and made it worse. back in the day there werent any trans memes to send so how bad could he have been

never heard of tony dangelo but a quick google search and holy crap
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Geowhizzer

Yeah... this team will be a tough watch this year.  Combination of terrible hockey and terrible people.

SD

They bought out Lindblom's last year to save $3 million...he hasn't been the same since coming back but releasing a cancer survivor and trading for a klan member isn't a good look. Jvr is probably getting traded...if I had to guess they'll use the Florida 1st they got in the Giroux trade to entice a team. All this to sign Johnny Gaudreau who's a hell of a hockey player but the type of guy you sell out for as the missing piece...this team sucks ass.

QB Eagles

This team is going to suck balls for a long time.

That is all.

SD

Quote from: QB Eagles on July 13, 2022, 09:35:19 PM
This team is going to suck balls for a long time.

That is all.

Name me a worse run sport's organization. I can't think of any team close.

phattymatty

I can't name one of these people but even still it has to be the worst Philly sports promo I've ever seen.

https://twitter.com/nhlflyers/status/1547609318278569986 21&t=g3JYdlIWXEvV5VF8zMxlvg

SD

Bored random stat and oddity: Tim Kerr still holds the single season record for most power play goals in a season (34)

You're wondering how Gretzky scored 92 goals once and didn't have that many...here's the oddity: he's not even in the top 50 for power play goals scored in a single season

SD

Not that I'd watch anyway but they put the opening game on a streaming service?