Started by PhillyPhreak54, January 03, 2021, 09:16:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

i wish it was mine as its pretty interesting...but i dont make up winning %'s
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

General_Failure

It is a pretty impressive list. It puts him up there with like likes of Mike Martz, Barry Switzer, and Brian Billick.

The man. The myth. The legend.

ice grillin you

the way people talk...youd think he was the worst coach of all time...he actually has a really solid win %...especially for how many years he coached...almost ten wins a year

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

If Jason Garrett coached a team with Cuzzo as his QB havas might rub himself raw

MDS

havas' wet dream is going 9-7 and getting the 7 seed
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on January 05, 2021, 07:37:36 PM
If Jason Garrett coached a team with Cuzzo as his QB havas might rub himself raw

Might?

ice grillin you

Quote from: MDS on January 05, 2021, 07:49:57 PM
havas' wet dream is going 9-7 and getting the 7 seed

that's not the worst coach ever

MDS

hes not worse than richie k

big ups

General_Failure

Kotite got a second head coaching job. As of now, Garrett has only had the one. The numbers don't lie.

PhillyPhreak54

Sadly Dallas has fired DC Mike Nolan

And DL Jim Tomsula

Diomedes

Herr Trump planning to give Belichik the Presidential Medal of Freedom on Thursday.

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Diomedes

Heard this idea floated: The NFL should consider changing the MVP award.  It may be impossible for a non-QB to win the award anymore, given how much the rules have been crafted to favor QB play. 

Thoughts?

here's a Reddit thread on an idea to give a QB specific award

from r/nfl

https://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/comments/kql913/qbs_should_have_a_separate_award_like_the_cy/
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

General_Failure

There should probably be offensive, defensive, and special teams league mvp awards and a separate qb only award. If you go with just a league mvp and a qb award, it's probably going to the defensive mvp anyway.

QB Eagles

Quote from: Diomedes on January 11, 2021, 11:10:40 AM
Heard this idea floated: The NFL should consider changing the MVP award.  It may be impossible for a non-QB to win the award anymore, given how much the rules have been crafted to favor QB play.

It's not the NFL's award to change. It's given by the Associated Press.

I don't think the rules have driven the award. It's a narrative award and the way the sports media crafts narratives around the NFL has come to give the QB an outsized amount of attention. It's an old cliche but the QB does get too much credit when things go well and too much blame when things go badly.

It is time to separate out the QB for a different award though. You know that by trying to imagine what kinds of seasons it would take for players at different positions to win the award. Players like Jerry Rice and Reggie White never won the thing.