Started by Rome, September 10, 2016, 07:56:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

smeags

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2017/02/28/free-nfl-draft-festivities-philly/

think I will take off that thurs and fri and check it out.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

MDS

the white trash quota will be high enough, they dont need you
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

smeags

in other words, you'll already be there.

Rome

They want an awful lot of personal info.  Pass on that, thanks. 

Sgt PSN

That's just to get you tickets to be in the theater for the draft, but the whole "event" is going to take place between the Art Museum and Franklin Institute and doesn't require a ticket.  I gotta imagine that the draft will be broadcast to areas outside the theater itself.  I'm going on Thu with some friends.  Don't really care if I get in the theater or not, I just want to be there and check shtein out. 

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/news/article-1/How-To-Get-2017-NFL-Draft-Tickets/44d85246-05a1-44ed-9f97-7ab77d1441c2

QuoteThe free NFL Draft Experience football festival opens for fans of all ages and teams. Fans in attendance will be able to view all three days of the Draft in an outdoor environment and have the chance to receive stand-by tickets to be seated inside the NFL Draft Theater.

phattymatty

anyone else get an email saying they won the lottery this morning? i don't remember entering but I guess I'll go.

QuoteYOU ARE NOW CONFIRMED AS A WINNER IN THE 2017 NFL DRAFT TICKET SWEEPSTAKES!

TICKET PICK-UP INFORMATION
To claim your tickets, you must check in at the NFL Draft Experience presented by Oikos Triple Zero Ticket Check-In tent (location below) during the following dates and times:
DATE: 4/29/2017
TIME: 8:00 AM - 10:00 AM
NFL Draft Experience Ticket Check-In is located at South West corner of N21st street and Benjamin Franklin Parkway.

Please bring the below to confirm your registration at pick-up:
•    Your government issued photo ID
•    Your Fan Mobile Pass
•    Your guest's government issued PHOTO ID, if over the age of 18
*Please note that your Fan Mobile Pass does not act as your ticket for the 2017 NFL Draft. Tickets must be picked up at the date and time mentioned above.

For parking and transportation information, please click here.

phattymatty

hmm, the 29th is saturday so I have no idea what this means. I guess I got tickets to the last few rounds?  pass.

Sgt PSN

Looks like it.  You coming up for the 1st round on Thu? 

phattymatty

doubtful. i've been to the fan experience thing in chicago the last two years. just happened to be there for work both times. it's kinda fun i guess.

Sgt PSN

http://www.csnphilly.com/the700level/more-details-emerge-about-nfl-draft-experience-ben-franklin-parkway-philly

The fan festival activities will be FREE and last for three days along a half-mile stretch of the Ben Franklin Parkway. This will include "interactive exhibits, immersive games, and virtual reality experiences, free player autograph sessions and more."

Hours for the fan experience:

Thursday, April 27: 12 pm - 11 pm

Friday, April 28: 12 pm - 11 pm

Saturday, April 29: 10 am - 6 pm

In addition to the special fan fest experience, a number of the museums in the area will be offering special discounts or even free admission.

The Academy of Natural Sciences of Drexel University will offer free general admission during those three days of the draft will discounts on special exhibits. The Barnes Foundation will be closed on Thursday for a special event but will maintain normal business hours (10 am - 5 pm) on Friday and Saturday. The Franklin Institute will be open to the public from 9:30am-5pm during NFL Draft days (April 27-29).

There will be a plethora of road closures starting in phases as early as April 10th. The full extent of the road closures will begin on the 25th at 12:01 am and include the following:

21st Street closed from Winter Street to Spring Garden Street
     *   Local access to Pennsylvania Avenue only (all traffic must turn left)

*   22nd Street closed from Race Street to Spring Garden Street
     *   Local access to Park Towne Place only (residents)

*   23rd Street closed from Fairmount Avenue to Benjamin Franklin Parkway
     *   Local access only

*   24th Street closed from Benjamin Franklin Parkway to Park Towne Place
     *   Local access only

*   Martin Luther King Drive closed at Sweet Briar Drive.
     *   Road opened daily during peak AM rush hour on 4/27 & 4/28 (5AM-10AM) for access to I-676 via 24th Street

*   Kelly Drive closed from Benjamin Franklin Parkway to Fairmount Avenue

*   Spring Garden Street Bridge closed at 31st Street
     *   Road opened daily during peak AM rush hour on 4/27 & 4/28 (5AM-10AM) for access to I-676 via 24th Street
     *   Access to I-76 westbound will be maintained
     *   Local access to Art Museum will be maintained

*   Spring Garden Street closed from 22nd Street to Benjamin Franklin Parkway
     *   Local access after peak AM rush hour

*   Pennsylvania Avenue closed from Hamilton Street to Fairmount Avenue
     *   Local access after peak AM rush hour

*   Pennsylvania Avenue/Callowhill Street closed from 20th Street to 21st Street
     *   Local access to Barnes Foundation driveway (westbound) only
     *   Eastbound open from 21st Street

*   Park Towne Place closed from 22nd Street to 24th Street
     *   Local access only (residents)

*   I-676 westbound 22nd Street off-ramp closed

From our previous post on what the Fan Fest experience will entail:

Among the NFL Draft Experience fan events:

·       Combine Corner – From racing against NFL players to running routes, fans can test their football and athletic skills at Combine Corner, which includes the Vertical Jump and 40-Yard Dash.

·       NFL Virtual Reality – Experience NFL games using virtual reality technology.

·       The Vince Lombardi Trophy – Fans will have the opportunity to take their photo with the Super Bowl trophy.

·       AFC & NFC Locker Rooms – Visit a replica NFL locker room as it appears on gameday. Experience the sights of an NFL pregame with sleek translucent LCDs.

·       NFL Museum (Pro Football Hall of Fame display area) – This exhibit features historical Eagles memorabilia, Super Bowl rings and Conference Championship trophies. Fans can get a digitalized Pro Football Hall of Fame bronze bust in their likeness.

·       College Football Corner – Fans can view College Football Hall of Fame memorabilia from former first round Draft picks and Eagles legends, and cheer on Draft prospects from their favorite college team. Life size player mannequins offer unique photo opportunities.

·       NFL Draft Experience Tailgate – Enjoy selections from some of Philadelphia's best restaurants in a "taste of the town" tailgate.

·       NFL Network Set – Watch NFL Network analysts break down the NFL Draft.

·       ESPN Set – Check out SportsCenter LIVE from NFL Draft Experience.

·       NFL Shop at Draft – Stop by for the largest assortment of NFL Draft merchandise, including customizable Nike Jerseys and the official 2017 NFL Draft Cap by New Era and other exclusive Draft caps.

·       NFL Draft Set – Visit the official NFL Draft set from Thursday to Saturday and see the view from behind the podium.

SD

QuoteThe Vince Lombardi Trophy – Fans will have the opportunity to take their photo with the Super Bowl trophy.

This is funny for all the wrong reasons.

Sgt PSN

The Eagles aren't good enough to bring it to Philly, so somebody had to. 

smeags

that may be the closet lurie gets to seeing one in philly.