Fantasy Football 2014 - Post your questions but don't answer anybody else's here

Started by SunMo, August 04, 2014, 10:00:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

I don't believe so. They have a lot of receiving options so his touches could be limited outside of the h back type role.

Diomedes

my RB situation is crap...

this week my starters look like...

Who would you put in at RB2? 

QB - Hurts @ Was
WR - Cupp @ Ariz
WR - Chase @ NYJ
RB - Gibson v. PHI
RB - ??? SEE BELOW
W/R/T - McLaurin v. PHI
W/R/T - Andrews @ NE
K - Elliott
DEF - PIT

bench

Etienne @ LAC
Penny v. ATL
Williams @ MIN (just added to my bench...Swift has nagging ankle thing--Williams was by far the RB with most touches that was available.. )

Goedert @ Was
B. Aiyuk @ Den
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

SD

In standard definitely Penny

If you're ever stuck you can compare two players using this tool

https://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/start/

It compiles all the experts rankings then gives you a % of which player to start. I always go with my gut but if you're stuck between two players it's a good tiebreaker

Diomedes

word...

I'm two weeks in and fantasy has already ruined me

spent the better part of yesterday trying to decide if I should just sit with PIT D or make a move to PHI or another....decided to sit tight

GREAT CALL icehole
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Diomedes

Diomedes

Jamaal Williams was a recent add, when I saw Swift was hurting...and I started him last week.  Ka-ching.
I also had Penny in my starting lineup (over the likes of Devin Singletary, Dallas Goedert, Travis Etienne, and Brandon Aiyuik)...Ka-ching.

Those two players bailed me out and deliverd my third win of the season...at 3-1

How you all doing?

SD

4-0, 3-1, 1-3 (2nd highest points though), 1-3.

Taylor's killing me

Diomedes

SD

No but played against him in a league though. Ran Russ out there so he's getting benched maybe released

Diomedes

DEF is hard to figure...first few games of the season you don't know what you've got.  Had PHI at first, and they let Detroit put up a million points so I moved on...wishing of course I had not done that, but at the time it looked like a bad idea to keep them....

PIT was my most recent starter, but another dude in my league cut DAL for some reason, and at a weird time so the waiver period was today, not mid week like normal.   

I didn't wanna use my waiver position, whcih I figure is more valuable to me in case I suddenly need to add a player at a more important position....So I got up at 3 a.m. (Yahoo runs on Pacific time) for the chance no one else had placed a waiver claim and lo and behold...no one did and I got DAL for nothing.

These are the small victories I have learned to content myself with....

SD

I have insomnia so I'm a 3am pick up junkie too...Dallas d has been money all season have them in 2 leagues.

PhillyPhreak54

Watching Dio descend into a deep fantasy football addiction is awesome.

If I don't land a top defense in my drafts I usually will play match ups throughout the season - pick up and drop on a 1-2wk basis. But this season I have the Eagles in all three and they've been money.

Diomedes

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on October 08, 2022, 11:55:35 AM
Watching Dio descend into a deep fantasy football addiction is awesome.

I don't really do anything half ass.  There are reasons I don't gamble.

PhillyPhreak54

Diomedes

okay, so here's my question for this week:

Byes have started.  Injuries have hurt me. 

I've got to decide on a flex spot.  Terry McLaurin or:  Taysom Hill or B. Aiyuk....and then, depending on which RB takes my RB2 posiiton, I could also put either Eno Benjamin or Travis Etienne in place of Terry in that flex position

I think Terry is the best bet?  The comparison site SD uses isn't too reliable for comparing across positions, and I don't have a TE only slot requirement, so I'm often comparing a TE to an RB or whatever...