Golf

Started by stalker, January 29, 2009, 12:42:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

QB Eagles

As bad as this Saudi tournament is, I can't help but notice that the media organizations / sponsors / golfers generating the most drama over it all have deep financial connections to the PGA. Don't think the word "sportswashing" would have even made the news if the Saudis invested directly in the PGA rather than starting a competitor.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Diomedes on July 13, 2022, 12:08:31 PM
Does he or does he not actually chum the water and then shoot sharks with a gun?

i just watched the norman 30 for 30 and thought he came off as very likeable...the amount of access he gave and openness he showed in talking about some of the all time most brutal sports incidents was impressive

they didnt mention a thing about him being a fisherman of any kind much less shooting sharks
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Don Ho

He still definitely does still go shark "fishing" and to his credit does practice catch and release now but he was a shark hunter before he became a big time golfer.  I was mocking him more that anything, the whole shark hunter persona. I exaggerated the shooting part, but hey in the 70's?  Who knows, there wasn't the awareness and as many eyes watching.  I remember seeing a show in TV back in the 70's, may have been an episode of Underwater World of Jaque Cousteau which I loved, but they showed these clowns, may have been Australia, using these high powered explosive tipped spear guns just obliterating the sharks head, being a lifelong surfer who should fear sharks, I was appalled.  I was horrified by the footage. 
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

PhillyPhreak54

Helluva final round by the two Cams.

Young eagled 18.

Rory couldn't hold the lead. He needs a miracle now

PhillyPhreak54

No miracle. Cam Smith with a great round.

He looks like Joe Dirt

MDS

happy masters week to all my dixiecrats out there

viewership check:
2022 masters sunday - 10.1 mil
2023 womens ncaa final - 9.9 mil
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

PhillyPhreak54

PhillyPhreak54

QB Eagles

When LIV drains so much money out of the PGA that they can't even maintain the trees at Augusta anymore.

Don Ho

that was insane!  I was waiting for the body count
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: QB Eagles on April 07, 2023, 07:36:29 PM
When LIV drains so much money out of the PGA that they can't even maintain the trees at Augusta anymore.

Lolol maybe Phil was up there with a chainsaw

MDS

too bad it couldnt fall on any of those klan members in green jackets
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Diomedes

Or really, anyone at all. 
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

SD

What a missed opportunity for that tree