2008 Philadelphia Phillies Season/Playoff Thread (Die Mets Die)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2008, 09:28:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

You know what?  farg it.  I'm going to bed.  If they resume and they win, great.  If not, whatever.  Later, guys.

PhillyPhreak54

LBIggle

Quote from: QB Eagles on October 27, 2008, 11:03:30 PM
Quote10:52 p.m. ET
The run the Rays scored in the sixth inning (after they had two outs and nobody on) might have saved Major League Baseball from one of its all-time October embarrassments.

Because that run tied the game, the rules now permit the game to be stopped, suspended and resumed when the skies clear -- whatever day, week or month that is.

But had the Phillies held onto the lead and the game then was stopped, the rules wouldn't have allowed a suspension. So baseball might have been faced with having the World Series end with the first rain-shortened game in Series history.

So talk about your clutch hits. When Carlos Pena lined that RBI single, the Rays might have been down to their final strike of the season -- in the sixth inning.
--Jayson Stark

and if the ball didn't stop the second it hit the soaking wet outfield grass and kept rolling to burrell like it normally should then they might have gotten upton by at least 3 steps.

seligs a farging retard.

LBIggle

according to 1060 the games very close to officially being suspended.

PhillyPhreak54

* The grounder to Jimmy is fielded and thrown to 1st, routine play. Not tonight.

* Not calling an INF fly rule because of the elements...should have been a massive indicator.

From the FOG BOWL to the SOG BOWL.

farg YOU BUD.

phillymic2000

theradar has a lot of yellow on it, no way they resume this game. Mother fargers farg everyone.

Don Ho

i hate major league baseball.

i'll give joe buck a small amount of praise as he was saying these conditions were horrible for three innings.

this could only happen to us.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

phillymic2000

PhillyPhreak54

Mr. Self Importance was on MLB Mosaic (according to someone on the Phils MB; I guess that is XM radio?) and sent his players up the tunnel and then went out to talk to the umps.

I hope when they resume this they unleash a beating on Tampa never seen before. Send those shteinbags back to Florida with their hopes crushed.

Don Ho

Quote from: phillymic2000 on October 27, 2008, 11:14:26 PM
he said only because the rays were losing

probably as the fricken camera was locked on the Rays dugout for 3/4 of the game.  
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

PhillyPhreak54

Officially suspended until tomorrow.

Exactly 30 minutes after the tarp was pulled out.

Great job Selig you spineless piece of shtein.

Don Ho

i am ready to explode right now.  i still can't believe this.

Don Ho

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on October 27, 2008, 11:16:53 PM
Officially suspended until tomorrow.

Exactly 30 minutes after the tarp was pulled out.

Great job Selig you spineless piece of shtein.

what time?

phillymic2000

mother fargin BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Don Ho