2008 Philadelphia Phillies Season/Playoff Thread (Die Mets Die)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2008, 09:28:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

phillymic2000

What a fargin nightmare. How do you wait until TB scores to call it? And Joe and Tim are out of fargin control. THese two douches need to be shot

Don Ho

worst thing about this is watching these clowns transform into their old selves again at the plate.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

QB Eagles

Don Ho

i just can't believe this shtein.  wait 25 years for this.  unbelievable.  once again phils should be up by 2 or 3 runs.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

phillymic2000

And when they resume the game we will be vomited on by the two asshats about how TB has the Mo now. Farg I wanna hit someone right now.

Rome

It's so typical that something like this would happen to us, though.  Of all the bizarre, incredibly ridiculous scenarios to unfold, this one takes the cake. 

They actually waited until the game was tied despite the fact that everything about the game was unplayable.  The field was unplayable, it was pouring ass rain to the point where a great fielder like Rollins can't even make a routine play at short - just an abomination.

QB Eagles

Quote from: L-ong-B-each-I-ggle on October 27, 2008, 10:48:26 PM
the worst part about this whole abortion is losing our ace. 

Rest of Game 5 delayed to Wednesday ----> Game 7 = Hamels?

PhillyPhreak54

Dupuy on FOX said that the radar showed this rain all night...WHY not suspend it before they tie it up? If you asshats knew it would not let up, and we all knew that, why let them continue?

Buck, McCarver, Selig, Dupuy, and the umpires are iceholes. Stone cold iceholes.

Joe Maddon whining and the umps do not even go talk to Charlie.

Only to PHiladelphia, boys. This is the type of thing that happens to us.

LBIggle

Quote from: QB Eagles on October 27, 2008, 10:52:55 PM

no, they wouldn't have a travel day between 5 and 6 if that were to happen.  game 7 would be on friday and they have already stated they wont pitch him on 3 days rest.

Don Ho

oh, but he needs his rest.

QB Eagles

Quote from: L-ong-B-each-I-ggle on October 27, 2008, 10:58:03 PM

no, they wouldn't have a travel day between 5 and 6 if that were to happen.  game 7 would be on friday and they have already stated they wont pitch him on 3 days rest.

Has it been stated as fact that there would be no travel day?

GeneralZOD

Each time some shtein like this happens, I can't help but think.....

"The Curse of Billy Penn"
CF Record Holder - Oldest User With Least Amount of Posts

phillymic2000

if there is a travel day it would give Cole another chance. No way in hell they have a rest day.

QB Eagles

Quote10:52 p.m. ET
The run the Rays scored in the sixth inning (after they had two outs and nobody on) might have saved Major League Baseball from one of its all-time October embarrassments.

Because that run tied the game, the rules now permit the game to be stopped, suspended and resumed when the skies clear -- whatever day, week or month that is.

But had the Phillies held onto the lead and the game then was stopped, the rules wouldn't have allowed a suspension. So baseball might have been faced with having the World Series end with the first rain-shortened game in Series history.

So talk about your clutch hits. When Carlos Pena lined that RBI single, the Rays might have been down to their final strike of the season -- in the sixth inning.
--Jayson Stark

LBIggle

it was stated that there wouldn't have been a travel day tomorrow had there been a rain out on sat. and it went back to tampa.  so i'm assuming in the event of a postponement they would still eliminate any travel days.