2008 Philadelphia Phillies Season/Playoff Thread (Die Mets Die)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2008, 09:28:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyGirl

"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Munson

Quote from: PhillyGirl on October 27, 2008, 04:27:37 PM
LOL...is IGY dead after this past weekend?

Since about early august, he's only posted in this thread when they've lost. Not always but most of the time.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on October 27, 2008, 10:03:03 AM
Quote from: Geowhizzer on October 27, 2008, 10:02:15 AM
Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on October 27, 2008, 09:18:59 AM
If there is a parade, im sleeping in the streets tuesday night

Like you wouldn't be doing that anyway.
You dont know how hard i have it, i have like 10000 cats outside

Ha!  I just noticed this.  Well done.

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: PhillyGirl on October 27, 2008, 04:27:37 PM
LOL...is IGY dead after this past weekend?
he very well might be.  Hell, yesterday was Crack Jizzy, and it was crackalackin

Quote from: FastFreddie on October 27, 2008, 04:47:32 PM
Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on October 27, 2008, 10:03:03 AM
Quote from: Geowhizzer on October 27, 2008, 10:02:15 AM
Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on October 27, 2008, 09:18:59 AM
If there is a parade, im sleeping in the streets tuesday night

Like you wouldn't be doing that anyway.
You dont know how hard i have it, i have like 10000 cats outside

Ha!  I just noticed this.  Well done.
i was laughing hysterically at that whole part, Frank coming in with beads on, slamming down some catfood, and passing out..
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

PoopyfaceMcGee

I might love you guys more than ever tonight.  Be warned.

bobbyinlondon

I haven't been on the board in a long time, but it's almost surreal to think that at last, the city could get a sports championship after 25 years. When the Phils won in '80, I was stationed in Japan; now in '08, as they get ready to perhaps win another, I live now in London. The night of the '80 clincher, they had perhaps the best LHP at that time in baseball take the mound; tonight in perhaps this clincher, they have the best LHP of this post season taking the mound.

I attended the Eagles home opener this year, flying over with my one of my daughters and a British colleague of mine, who had never seen an NFL game in person, or attended a tailgayte. But my orignal plans was to fly over this past weekend for the Falcons game--I'm kicking myself in the butt for changing plans--I know it would have been very remote for me to score Series tickets, but to be home when the city was feeling those great vibes would have been awesome.

Don Ho

i'm farging climbing the walls!  i can't take it!  i feel like Lloyd Bridges in the movie "Airplane", "I picked a bad time to quit sniffing glue".  

let's get it on!

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Seabiscuit36

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

SD_Eagle5

I ditched my last class because whats the point of being there when you can't concentrate on shtein. Not to mention my 2 and 430 classes were maybe a little over half filled.

PhillyPhreak54

Seabiscuit36

Geowhizzer

QB Eagles

ESPN:

Quote7:10 p.m. ET
As I was standing on the field, I started to feel pellets of rain come down. I hadn't realized we were due for another front, and by the time I got back to the press box, all the talk was about how we could all be in for another long night.

The local news showed a front moving north, and one colleague told me it's supposed to come down harder than it did on Saturday night, when the start of the game was delayed 91 minutes because of rain. I'm told it could be really bad around 11 p.m. As of right now, at 7:10 p.m., it's coming down lightly outside, but the Rays are still taking batting practice.
--Amy K. Nelson

PhillyPhreak54

Seabiscuit36

Not to jinx anything, but if the Phillies win tonight, the parade will be Wednesday. The route will begin at 20th and Market in Center City, proceed to City Hall, take a turn onto Broad Street and will end at Citizens Bank Park. No word yet on the time.