2008 Philadelphia Phillies Season/Playoff Thread (Die Mets Die)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2008, 09:28:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geowhizzer

Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on October 27, 2008, 09:18:59 AM
If there is a parade, im sleeping in the streets tuesday night

Like you wouldn't be doing that anyway.

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: Geowhizzer on October 27, 2008, 10:02:15 AM
Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on October 27, 2008, 09:18:59 AM
If there is a parade, im sleeping in the streets tuesday night

Like you wouldn't be doing that anyway.
You dont know how hard i have it, i have like 10000 cats outside
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Geowhizzer

PhillyGirl

lmfao...Skip Bayless just said that the Rays would win tonight.

I still hate that guy.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: PhillyGirl on October 27, 2008, 09:09:06 AM
http://www.sportsline.com/mlb/story/11063658

:-o

Quote"If we could do something about that," Maddon said before Game 4. "Throwing mustard packs at my granddaughter is not very cool."

I disagree.  That's pretty cool.  Maybe his granddaughter shouldn't wear a Rays jersey in Philly.

Wingspan

Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Well, they do if you freeze them and throw 20 at a time.

Seabiscuit36

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

PoopyfaceMcGee

NGM

Did anyone else notice this from the first CBS article PG posted:

Quote"When we saw the dogs and the horses coming out that night, we said, 'Well, we understand. It's Philadelphia,' " said legendary broadcaster Chris Wheeler, who has been in the Phillies' booth since 1977.

Guuuuuuuuuuuuu.
Fletch:  Can I borrow your towel for a sec? My car just hit a water buffalo.

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Seabiscuit36

BigEd76

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: BigEd76 on October 27, 2008, 12:02:50 PM
shocking

Amaro will be the next GM

I will be furious if the Rays manage to win the next three games, regardless of this news.
I will not give a shtein if the Phillies win one of the next three, regardless of this news.

Good time for them to leak it.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Go back in time to page 137 for some good amusement re: the Blanton deal.

Quote from: ice grillin you on July 17, 2008, 03:31:42 PM
hes a michelin man looking whale...cant wait to see this lard assed sweatbox in the august heat

Quote from: MDS on July 17, 2008, 03:36:30 PM
id rather go for broke and get holliday then some mediocre pitcher who will be a slight improvement over ja happ

Quote from: SD_Eagle on July 17, 2008, 07:22:37 PM
Lovely

Same crap as in the past. They needed a 1/2 but they end up with a 4/5. If this is the pitching upgrade - and I'm pretty sure it is - no way they're able to make a run this season.

Quote from: Wingspan on July 17, 2008, 07:31:22 PM
There's nothing wrong with that move. They gave up nothing for him. Cardenas was a moderate prospect. But he wasn't ever going to play here while Utley and Rollins are here.

Nothing spectactular, but a decent move nonetheless.
Score one for Wingspan.

Quote from: SD_Eagle on July 17, 2008, 08:04:18 PM
There is something wrong with this move. This is it, Joe freaking Blanton. Problem is he isn't much of an upgrade over Eaton. They needed another quality starter not an end of the rotation guy.

It's fair to say Blanton has wildly exceeded expectations, especially in the postseason.