2008 Philadelphia Phillies Season/Playoff Thread (Die Mets Die)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2008, 09:28:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Ho

Quote from: Rome on October 02, 2008, 09:13:02 PM
The best part of the Phillies win?  NOT HAVING TO WATCH TBS ANYMORE.

are they not doing Saturday's game? 
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

MDS

tbs has all division series games + rotating cs', this year it's the al.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

I meant that I wouldn't have to watch it anymore tonight.  My main question about tonight's broadcast is why they felt the need to have not one but TWO Braves guys announcing a Phillies game?  Is there a reason that whenever there's a Philly sports team playing it seems like one of their biggest rivals is being represented in the announcing booth?

Just awful, especially having an active Atlanta Brave announcing the game. 

MDS

it's a mere coincidence that tbs' #3 team is announcing this series. they didnt do it on purpose, but it'll be better than buck and mccarver for the nlcs.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

Simpson isn't that bad.

And Smoltz seems complimentary. I enjoy a little bit of his insight when the Phils are batting, knowing that he has to gameplan against them.

BigEd76

phattymatty

i was front row left field for the game and get home to about 5 messages from people saying they saw me on tv.  victorino's grand slam hit about 20 yards to my right, and it's probably the most nuts sporting moment that i've ever been to, my area was absolutely ridiculous.  i'm going to be hoarse for days for yelling at ryan braun.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pe6AWrx_vEw

ice grillin you

i cant get over how much the play by play guy sounds like mike breen
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

ice grillin you

career playoff stats

utley 3-19    8 K

choke 3-17   11 K

phattymatty

BigEd76

Quote from: ice grillin you on October 03, 2008, 08:01:03 AM
career playoff stats

utley 3-19    8 K

choke 3-17   11 K

Through 2 games, dawg hasn't hit a ball fair yet

ice grillin you

their lineup is gonna get exposed big time against the dodgers

BigEd76

phattymatty

seriously, top 3 sports moment i've ever been to in person. 

Wingspan

Quote from: ice grillin you on October 03, 2008, 10:22:27 AM
their lineup is gonna get exposed big time against the dodgers

Offense is borderline irrelevant in the postseason, they just need the pitching to hold up.

but they hit the dodgers pretty well in the 8 games against them, even in the series they swept the phils through.
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.