2008 Philadelphia Phillies Season/Playoff Thread (Die Mets Die)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2008, 09:28:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

Quote from: ice grillin you on September 19, 2008, 09:48:32 PM
like i said earlier marlins offense is insane....we can now look for a sweep this weekend...just gotta root against the mets and brewers...phils are cooked against this team

Shut the farg up, Duke lover

Don Ho

Quote from: Rome on September 19, 2008, 11:36:40 PM
I hope a sue-nam-mee makes your life very interesting.

PS: Shut up.

Love, Drunk Romey.

give me a few hours to get shtein faced and i'll think of a comeback.

Love, Sober Don
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

QuotePhillies manager Charlie Manuel described the interplay thusly: Early on, he noticed the Marlins' first- and third-base coaches' straying outside their respective boxes. Worried that they could be stealing signs, Manuel conferred with the umpires between innings and asked them to keep the Marlins coaches inside the coaching boxes.

Florida, apparently annoyed at the request, responded by asking the umpires to require Myers to cover up his tattoo, citing it as a distraction to the Marlins hitters hitters.

Wahhh....Hoyda Fish.

BigEd76

Quote from: MDS on September 20, 2008, 11:27:02 AM
who the farg is cameron maybin

the Tigers' top prospect that came to Florida in the Cabrera/Willis trade

Brewers/Reds on FOX today.  We're in the 9% of the country (along with Milwaukee and Ohio) getting that game.  Everyone else gets Cardinals/Cubs or Twins/Rays...

BigEd76

Sabathia gives up 3 runs to Micah Owings and a no-name.  4-2 Reds after 6

PoopyfaceMcGee

Brewers lose.

I just noticed the Marlins have won nine straight.  Christ.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: FastFreddie on September 20, 2008, 07:35:23 PM
Brewers lose.

I just noticed the Marlins have won nine straight.  Christ.

If the Marlins could execute the fundamentals, the Phils and Mets would be solely fighting for the wildcard.  The Fish have hands down the most potent lineup in the division, and a good, but young, starting rotation.

Rollins just took strike three for the second straight time - this time with none out and a man on third.  :boom

SD_Eagle5

Cantu was safe by a mile at home plate. This home plate ump sucks.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: SD_Eagle on September 20, 2008, 10:01:48 PM
Cantu was safe by a mile at home plate. This home plate ump sucks.

Not sure about by a mile, but he did look like the foot definitely got in there first.

Madson gets an assist from the ump on that call and manages to survive the inning.

Don Ho

rollins 0-4.  time to do something.  idiot trys to bunt.  swell.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Don Ho

MDS

what nerve ass racking game. listening to baseball in the car does you no good.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Don Ho

almost as bad as checking your cell phone for updates on the sidelines during juniors game. 

MDS