2008 Philadelphia Phillies Season/Playoff Thread (Die Mets Die)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2008, 09:28:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

Nothing like following up a thrilling extra-inning win with a start by Eaton.

:-D

QB Eagles

2 outs, then 8 runs due to Eaton's inability to sit down Randy Johnson.

How is Swindle's ERA looking now?

MDS

while eaton was a bit of surprise for the first 2.5 months of the season, he needs to be dfa'ed right now.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

Yep. DFA time.

Take him out back and put the mercy bullet in him.  That inning was ridiculous.

Wingspan

I bet PG was thrilled with the loss today.

It's urgent to get another starter in here. Hamels/Kendrick/Moyer/Happ/Myers ain't gonna cut it. I shudder at the thought of seeing Myers back in philly.
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

Sgt PSN

How in the farg can you people talk baseball at a time like this?  Hello!!  The Soul are going to the Arena Bowl! 

QB Eagles

Quote from: Sgt PSN on July 12, 2008, 08:38:02 PM
How in the farg can you people talk baseball at a time like this?  Hello!!  The Soul are going to the Arena Bowl! 

We weren't talking about baseball, we were talking about Adam Eaton's 4th inning, which was more like tee ball.

PhillyGirl

Quote from: Wingspan on July 12, 2008, 06:57:27 PM

Are you farging kidding me? I love the Phillies. I NEVER want to see them lose. wtf.   >:(
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Rome

I'm actually glad that yesterday's game was blacked out.

rjs246

Quote from: PhillyGirl on July 13, 2008, 08:25:50 AM
Quote from: Wingspan on July 12, 2008, 06:57:27 PM

Are you farging kidding me? I love the Phillies. I NEVER want to see them lose. wtf.   >:(

It's these minor internet overreactions that keep me coming back to this place.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Geowhizzer

No doubt, the weakness that is the starting rotation has been exposed for the world to see in the past few weeks.

At this point, Hamels is a #1/2 pitcher.  He could use a top-notch pitcher to learn from.  He's dominant in some starts, but has been prone to giving up the long ball in others.

Moyer has been excellent, but we're all waiting for the day when his 1,000-year-old arm finally falls off.

Myers is in the minor leagues after being the opening day starter.  EI have nothing to contribute.

Kendrick is Kendrick.  OK, not great.  A #3/4 starter at best.

Eaton has had several 2007 Eaton starts in a row now after being fairly solid in most of his prior starts.  A troubling sign for a team that desperately needs somebody - ANYBODY - to step up behind Hamels and Moyer.

We can all be upset about not getting Sabathia, but the Phils just did not have the minor league chips to get him.  I would love to have seen Harden here, but with the Philadelphia luck, he'd be on the DL by August 1.  Not sure what other first- or second-tier pitchers will be available come the deadline, but if the Phils don't pick up one, don't be surprised if they're a third-place team by the end of the season.

PhillyPhanInDC

I think it's time to kick Eaton to the curb. The last two starts aren't the aberration, the few games he pitched relatively well were.

I would be okay with Happ taking his place as the 5th guy, just to see what you have. The sooner the better, because if Happ can't cut it, then they really are in need of two arms. I really believe Myers is done as well, he has never seem like the mentally tough kind of guy. At this point they've gotta work to get what's available, and if that's Burnett, so be it. Just gotta hope a change of scenery does him well. If they can't or won't get anything done, I'd like to see Carrasco called up when his shoulder is better, as well as Happ staying up.

I'm with Geo, if they don't do something drastic with this staff, it's third place at best.
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

PhillyPhreak54

QuotePhillies Notes: Phillies talk to Rockies about Fuentes

By Sam Carchidi

Inquirer Staff Writer
The Phillies are trying to make their already formidable bullpen even stronger.

A source close to the situation said the Phillies are trying to acquire Colorado reliever Brian Fuentes, a 32-year-old lefthander who is 1-4 with a 3.50 ERA and 14 saves. He is to earn a little more than $5 million this year.

The Rockies have asked the Phils for righthander Carlos Carrasco or catcher Lou Marson, both of whom are at double-A Reading. They are regarded as two of the club's top prospects.

The Phillies have turned down the offer, but the teams still are talking, the source said.

The Phils have a best-in-the-majors 2.70 bullpen ERA, but they are looking for another lefthander to take some of the load off J.C. Romero.

ice grillin you

is there a better announcer in sports than matt vasgersian...he is friggin hilarious

happ in eaton out...they go their 8 mil out of eaton for this season...its now time to move on
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

might as well stash him on the dl. you have to pay him, its silly to just let him go. but no he should never start another game.

also nice to see the offense in full force against this barry webb guy. fargers.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.