2008 Philadelphia Phillies Season/Playoff Thread (Die Mets Die)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2008, 09:28:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rjs246

Dude is batting .235. We all loved Dave Kingman growing up but we didn't want his ass on our team.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Rome

Howard's clearly getting booed because he's black and not because he's fat and strikes out too much.

Damn racist Phillyphans.

ice grillin you

hes still infintely better than burrell...hell hes been better than utley for the last month and half

i just dont get the love affair with pat burrell

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: ice grillin you on July 10, 2008, 01:43:08 PM
if i hear one more commerical or see another ad for that vote for pat shtein im gonna puke...howard leads the league in hr and rbi...where is his all star campaign...not only does he not have one but hes getting booed at the stadium and buried continously on wip

I think I see where you're going with this:

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: ice grillin you on July 10, 2008, 02:02:32 PM
hes still infintely better than burrell...hell hes been better than utley for the last month and half

i just dont get the love affair with pat burrell

Pats dreamy

Rome

ice grillin you

Quote from: SD_Eagle on July 10, 2008, 02:02:50 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on July 10, 2008, 01:43:08 PM
if i hear one more commerical or see another ad for that vote for pat shtein im gonna puke...howard leads the league in hr and rbi...where is his all star campaign...not only does he not have one but hes getting booed at the stadium and buried continously on wip

I think I see where you're going with this:

not at all...shtein ive bashed him more than anyone and im an honorary brother...i just dont get the double standard...jimmy is having an awful year....utley has been hideous for over a month and burrell has been a disgrace for much of his career...and now the team and fans are going all out to get him on an all star team he doesnt deserve while they have booed choke back to the dugout for most of this season after ROY and MVP's...its ridiculous and im not even a choke guy

Wingspan

Burrell is having a better season this year over Howard. How is this hard to understand?
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

BigEd76

Quote from: ice grillin you on July 10, 2008, 02:09:51 PMnow the team and fans are going all out to get him on an all star team he doesnt deserve

yeah the #5 overall OPS guy in the majors doesn't deserve to be there.  He's the only one in the top 14 that wasn't invited to New York....

Rome

OPS means more than HR & RBI's.  Definitely.

SunMo

yeah, saying he doesn't deserve it this year is wrong, he does

the team/city/players/whoever would be doing this for whoever was on this vote-off, they did the same thing for abreu a few years ago.  if it was So Taguchi on there, they would be doing the same thing, it's a publicity stunt
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

rjs246

If I had to pick my favorite Phillie it would probably be Jimmy Rollins. But Rollins is having exactly same the kind of year he has every year except for last year. (Year.)

People pump him up to be this superman, and last year he was exactly that, but in general he's an above average hitter with great speed and a good glove and good leadership who is not the superstar that Phillie fans want him to be. What is he a career .280 hitter with like a .340 on base percentage? Whoopideedoo.

And that's all I have to say about that.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Seabiscuit36

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

ice grillin you

Quote from: BigEd76 on July 10, 2008, 02:12:39 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on July 10, 2008, 02:09:51 PMnow the team and fans are going all out to get him on an all star team he doesnt deserve

yeah the #5 overall OPS guy in the majors doesn't deserve to be there.  He's the only one in the top 14 that wasn't invited to New York....

lol vorp what?!?!....the top 14 ops guys?....im not saying either deserve it but get the farg outta here with that shtein...choke has eighty farging two rbi and leads the majors in hr...burrell isnt even having the best year of the guys on the ballot

PhillyGirl

The clamoring for Pat to be in the ASG wouldn't be so ridiculous if on the other end of the coin, Howard wasn't being CRUCIFIED like he's the worst player on the team by the fans/radio.  Booing him and then campaigning for Pat to be in the ASG is ridiculous.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen