2008 Philadelphia Phillies Season/Playoff Thread (Die Mets Die)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2008, 09:28:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

this is nuts...

really, the offensive onslaught began last Wednesday night when the Phillies hung 12 runs on Washington at Nationals Park. That was six games ago, and during this stretch, the Phillies have scored 60 runs and are batting .349 (82-for-235) with a .418 on-base percentage and .613 slugging percentage.

Here's a breakdown of how each player has done during the six-game stretch. What you'll find is offensive balance throughout the lineup, something the Phillies have been looking for since the season began.

Pedro Feliz: 13-for-27 (.481), 1 HR, 8 RBI, 7 R
Chris Coste: 7-for-17 (.412), 1 HR, 5 RBI, 3 R
Shane Victorino: 11-for-27 (.407), 1 HR, 5 RBI, 10 R
Ryan Howard: 9-for-24 (.375), 4 HR, 12 RBI, 9 R
Greg Dobbs: 3-for-8 (.375), 2 RBI, 2 R
So Taguchi: 3-for-8 (.375), 3 RBI, 3 R
Jimmy Rollins: 10-for-30 (.333), 4 RBI, 3 R
Carlos Ruiz: 4-for-13 (.308), 2 RBI, 2 R
Chase Utley: 7-for-23 (.304), 2 HR, 11 RBI, 6 R
Geoff Jenkins: 4-for-14 (.286), 1 HR, 3 RBI, 3 R
Pat Burrell: 5-for-19 (.263), 3 HR, 3 RBI, 5 R

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PoopyfaceMcGee

phattymatty

QuoteThe Phils are now six games over .500. Last year's team didn't achieve that until they won on July 29th! This team is two months ahead of schedule.

rjs246

Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

phattymatty

No, it's warranted.  The July 29th part is intended to be read louder than the rest of the sentence.

ice grillin you

thats a pretty interesting number...its ironic that even in accomplishing that they would still be out of the playoffs if the season ended right now

i wonder if the nl is that much better or if the teams at the bottom are that much worse
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SunMo

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

PoopyfaceMcGee

SunMo

Joe Kerrigan is on WIP and he said that hitters are hitting over .400 off of myers' first two pitches of an at bat, ha
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

MDS

Quote from: ice grillin you on May 28, 2008, 01:03:59 PM
thats a pretty interesting number...its ironic that even in accomplishing that they would still be out of the playoffs if the season ended right now

i wonder if the nl is that much better or if the teams at the bottom are that much worse

wait for some things to even themselves out with those central teams and florida. you figure if the phils stay on this pace they shouldnt have a problem making the playoffs.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PoopyfaceMcGee

rjs246

Quote from: MDS on May 28, 2008, 02:18:25 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on May 28, 2008, 01:03:59 PM
wait for some things to even themselves out with the phillies' pitching. Then they'll fall even further behind in the wild card race.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Seth Smith has been thrown out at home twice in this series now.  Tool.

Rome

Three run smash from Chasey followed by a two run dinger from Geoffy.  6-1 Phils.