2008 Philadelphia Phillies Season/Playoff Thread (Die Mets Die)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2008, 09:28:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

BigEd76

but won 5-4 because Atlanta sucks on the road and in 1-run games

Lidge is human

Geowhizzer

Quote from: BigEd76 on May 13, 2008, 10:33:09 PM
but won 5-4 because Atlanta sucks on the road and in 1-run games

Lidge is human

Werth didn't do him any favors out there.  He should have had that one fly ball for the third out.

And he and the Flyin' Hawaiian nearly collided on what was the third out.  Victorino managed to hold on, though.

And the Reds beat the Marlins 5-3.

PhillyPhreak54

Yeah, Werth committed a major no-no there. He broke in on that ball and could not recover. And then in his wanting to make up for it he almost took out Victorino.

Good come from behind win though. Werth's 4 rbi's were huge as were Howard's two hits. Something should be said about Kendrick settling down too.

Munson

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

MDS

Kendrick, Eaton and Moyer have for the most part kept the team in the game. The bullpen has been the best in the NL. Myers has sucked. King has been average and needs to pick it up. He should throw in the 1er over 7ip once a month.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Wingspan

I was wondering if we were going to see a Kyle Lohse update.
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

SunMo

as soon as we see a Lidge mental health update from you
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Wingspan

Last night not withstanding, he's been better than I expected. I am not going to get on him for one game...I am more concerned about July and August saves than I am April and May.

Now...can we all have that Lohse update?
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

Rome

PoopyfaceMcGee

Pronounced   lowshe

and he currently ranks 7th in the NL in complete games

Sgt PSN

Tonight's game will be on ESPN at 7:05 et.  Myers vs Glavine.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Glavine's going to get his first win of the season.

MDS

Since Myers is pitching, there's a pretty good chance of that.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

Myers has already given up three solo shots, and a two run double to McCann.

5-0 Braves after 2 1/3rd.