2008 Philadelphia Phillies Season/Playoff Thread (Die Mets Die)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2008, 09:28:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: Don Ho on May 01, 2008, 09:07:40 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on May 01, 2008, 08:25:18 PM
their announcers are hilarious and overall really really good

tv or radio?

SD, hasn't Jerry Coleman been there since the early 80's?  Ted Leitner used to do Eagle games years ago.

I used to listen to the mighty 1090 on the internet before WIP got their shtein together.  Love Coach John Kantera.
Leitner's a complete jackass whether its in the booth or on the news. Coleman is okay but I think he sticks primarily to the radio. Matt Vasgersian is the lead guy and he's meh...never did much for me.
Kantera is okay, I like him because he talks about every sport and other teams but I find he often would just regurgitate what he read and offer very little as far as his opinion.

reese125

How many saves in a row does Brad Lidge need to turn trash into gold?

BigEd76

PhillyPhreak54

Choke with the GW shot...that and the double to left was nice to see.

ANd Lidge just keep rolling along....ho-hum...shellshocking isn't it?!?

Gordon has been good too.

Rowand comes back into town. I hope he gives Pat Gillick the finger before he steps into the box tomorrow.

And they have to face Arizona phenom Max Scherzer on Monday. That could get ugly.

PhillyGirl

I'll admit when I was wrong. Lidge looks fantastic. So far, its been a tremendous move.

HOWEVER, Myers needs to play just as well as a starter for this move to be 100% solid.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

ice grillin you

Quote from: PhillyGirl on May 02, 2008, 08:59:05 AM
HOWEVER, Myers needs to play just as well as a starter for this move to be 100% solid.

not true...because if myers wasnt starting right now mds would probably be holding down the 5th spot in the rotation...myers just has to be significantly better than mds would be and its a great move (if lidge continues as he is)
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SD_Eagle5

Lidge is a better closer than Myers could ever hope to be so its already an upgrade. Myers is a headcase, his velocity is shtein but he won't long toss like his coaches tell him too. Maybe he should have concentrated more on being a starter in ST and less on punking Kendrick.

Rome

myers needs a kick in the face.

lidge has been lights out.  but of course the inevitable is surely going to happen, right?  i mean, this is the PHILLIES we're talking about here.

:-D

SD_Eagle5

Eventually Lidge will blow a save, the true test will be how he responds.

Rome

ice grillin you

Quote from: SD_Eagle on May 02, 2008, 09:22:42 AM
Eventually Lidge will blow a save.

as long as he doesnt blow an elbow which is what romey is referring to
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Rome

nothing as mundane as blowing out his elbow.  nope, i expect him to be struck by a bolt of lightning or being infected by a virulent strain of ebola.

PhillyGirl

"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Rome

you knew it was coming, right?  honestly, i did.  i even shut the volume off so i didn't have to hear it.

reese125